Networking 2K Pro and XP Problem

edited January 2005 in Software
HELP!!! Im networking my 2 PCs, a DeskPro 4000 and Presario 5000. The Presario has XP Pro and the DeskPro 2000 Pro. I set them up with the same Workgroup (HOME) and only the XP machine can see the other. The DeskPro cannot see the XP Machine... Do I need to install any protocols or NetBEUI? Any help is appriciated...

Nick

Comments

• any firewalls on?
  • What are the protocols on the network connections of each? And did you try restart the Persario?

-Q
  • The presario has NIS and the deskpro has none. Ill try to restart it now. I think I have NetBEUI on each and TCP/IP and Client for M$ Networks, and file and printer sharing for M$ Networks...

Nick
  • Nevermind... It poped up even after i didnt do anything... Thats wierd
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You most likely need to take the Network Setup Wizard from Windows XP and install it on the Win2k machine. Reboot and it should all be ok. I had that problem a few months ago...
  • It doesn't work. I ran it and it said I need Windows 98, ME or XP. Nothing even about adding SPs.
  • How do I get the Remote DeskTop Working? Im on wireless and I can see the PC in Network Neighborhood but it wont show it... Is it any good?
  • "Wont show it" ? If you enable it on the machine and then try and connect, if should work. Try doing it by IP.

-Q
  • Oh OK. Now it works, Thanks
  • Try running network wizard or however it's called... And run Network ID also