wrong ram density

edited January 2005 in Hardware
So I bought a stick of 512MB RAM, right speed, etc. I put it in (after much wrangling) and only the first 128MB is recognized by my mobo. I'm thinking I got the wrong RAM density. What's a good place to get the proper RAM?

Comments

• Try reseating it again and see if that works it there another stick inthere, because that might be ecc and one non ecc.... pull out the other and just try the 512 stick
  • It's not ECC.
  • did you try to reseat the chip??? is there another chip also in there??? If there is another chip in there pull that one out... and just try your new chip see if that will work
  • It took a while to get the new one in, actually, probably because the slot hadn't been used in like 3 years. I'll try getting rid of the other one later (gotta download SP2 to use my new HD).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It wasn't really my choice to have an Intel mobo. I don't have another system to test it in, but I'll try cleaning it. I'll update my BIOS as a last resort.
  • So...we're returning the memory. I think that this will work with my mobo. The memory datasheet makes it looks like it will.
  • Really? According to Corsair, it's guaranteed to work with my mobo. I'll just assume it was bad memory the first time around.

EDIT: The current pqi stick has 8 chips, the Corsair has 16. That makes me think it'll work. Intel says it has to be double-sided, which the pqi is not. 16 chips has to be double.
  • Yeah...newegg has great prices and shipping time, but horrible descriptions. It *is* double-sided, 4 on each side. I'm guessing Intel intends that i use 16-chip sticks.