Anyone Have Problems With This ?

edited February 2005 in Software
As Of XP SP2 M$ Decided To Limit TCP Connections, And I Get This Once In A While In My Event Viewer And Wondered If Anyone Else Gets This. I Actually Found A Fix For It, But Don't See The Need To Apply The Fix. I'm Sure This Would Effect Performance If You Ran A Server On XP, But It Doesn't Seem To Effect My Speeds Or Web Browsing. I Usually Get This Error When Using MIRC Or When Im Using My FTP Program To Backup My Servers Drives To My Comp. I'm Just Curious.
Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	Tcpip
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	4226
Date:		1/31/2005
Time:		12:53:17 PM
User:		N/A
Computer: COMPROMISED-VAIO
Description:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 54 00   ......T.
0008: 00 00 00 00 82 10 00 80   ....‚..€
0010: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........

Comments

• it has nothing to do with server. it will however affect things like p2p because they use a lot of connections. (i think)
  • TCPIP.sys i beleive
  • Computer: COMPROMISED-VAIO

Interesting name.

-Q
  • Steve wrote:
    Yep I Got the Patch, I Just Haven't Applied It Since My Last Fresh Install... (Hehe I Do It Like Once Every 6 Months Or So) Just Cause I Like To "Fix" Stuff Thats Not Broken... And End Up Breaking It Usually lol Or Out Of Boredom... But I Don't Use Any P2P Programs, Just MIRC, So I Never ReInstalled The Patch.
    Q wrote:
    Computer: COMPROMISED-VAIO

Interesting name.

-Q
    lol You Like That? What A Crazy Computer Name Right?
  • You have a Vaio? What kind?
  • Thank you Captain Obvious.
  • jcmoor wrote:
    1142241f303660229b.gif

kthx for posting that, why dont you take your advice now jcmoor :P
  • edited February 2005
    I have a few of those too....
    TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I was trying to run a Gnutella client when I had just installed Windows, and completely forgot about the lvllord patch. Now that I have the connections set to 512 it works fine.
  • strangely, shareaza works fine for me and i havent hacked TCPIP.sys yet :?
  • The new version somehow was "fixed" so as to not cause problems, but I don't know exactly how.

-Q
  • Toph wrote:
    jcmoor wrote:
    1142241f303660229b.gif

kthx for posting that, why dont you take your advice now jcmoor :P
    Why don't you get out of your little "kthx" AIM world.
  • Topher doesnt use AIM anymore
  • Why don't you:

A) Stop making incredibly inane and obvious replys to valid questions?
    B) Stop jumping down peoples throat for the most minor things?

BOTH do NOTHING but cheapen the atmosphere here and ruin good threads.

-Q