Reset Icons in Mac OS 9

edited February 2005 in Software
How do I reset the icons in Mac OS 9? My aunt did something to make HD have Eric from southpark, and it want it to be normal. Do I have to hack anything or is there a method? Thanks.

Nick

Comments

• Try rebuilding the Desktop file, Open Apple + Option on startup.

-Q

PS. That's something you do in System 9 like every week or so, regardless.
  • is it supposed to say anything like rebuilding desktop file? I turned it on and pressed apple+option.. hrm... it didnt work
  • When you 1st see the startup screen, when it's like "Welcome to Mac OS", THEN hold them down.

Also, this isn't recommended, but if you force quit the Finder you can do it right when there's nothing on the screen.

-Q
  • OK Ill try 1st 1... One sec
  • it did it, but he's still there... It's not THAT annoying. I guess he'll have to stay until OSX Comes...
  • Can't you Get Info on it, select the icon, and press delete? I'm not sure, never used OS 9 much...
  • I don't think so NI. I do know that the old Mac disk formattier thing LaCie made could change icons, but I'm pretty sure that it's not easy.

-Q
  • Well, get info on it, and replace the icon (click on it, paste) with the default? I know something with the Get Info box can do something about it.
  • I'm almost sure that wont work, let me try it on the Mactop...

OMG IT WORKED! I've NEVER known/been able to do that!

-Q
  • What? Where do I get the original icon?
  • I think it's in Q's hugeass collection of icons.

Q - You NEVER knew that you could Get Info, click the icon, and Command-V a new one in? That's one of the easiest things to do. No silly desktop.ini.
  • Oh OK. I hit delete and it turns back... Cool!
  • My icos are only from Windows.

No that's completely new to me.

-Q