I recived new computers!!! Yay!

edited February 2005 in Hardware
I am gunna go pick up 2 computers from my aunts house because they think they broke it. ( i know they didnt though). The 2 computers are:

1 Compaq Presario 5000 (like mine) Athlon 1200Mhz
1 Apple iMac G3- Grape/333Mhz

I will take the old duron (900) and replace it with this one and my dad will take our current one (900). Now I dont have to worry about upgrading it... I will take the iMac. And load it up with goodies like OSX...

My aunt said some keyboard port is broken, but I already have a OEM compaq USB Keyboard that came with my duron 900.. Same color too... Amethyst (sp)... I guess I scored.

The iMac is fine, it was my cousing. I will have my 2nd period mac teacher soup it up for me with RAM and OSX...

Comments

• *Moved to HW Talk*

If you can fix it/them, you going to give them back?

-Q
  • No they already got a new *Dell*. I will come in in about 10 days. They said we could have them...
  • Awesome! Good news!
  • Yeah. My uncle said he was going to wait until the new one comes in (correction, 4 days) and there gunna give me the Mac Today... Ill just play around with it...
  • Im gettin the pc today... Yay!
  • edited February 2005
    Yeah. I got the Compaq Presario Today... I just installed XP from the horrible ME... It's really a Pentium-3 1.0Ghz, 256MB RAM, a 40GB HDD (double size of my old one) DVD-ROM drive, CD-RW, 32MB VRAM... Oh Yeah. I was planning to take out my Radeon 9200 and place it in here, but oops! There's no AGP slots!!! That is the only pitfall of this machine. Other than that I scored. I like the monitor. It's like CRT, but it's a flat screen...
  • Awesome. P3's are great.
  • It's alot faster than the duron though, even if its only a 100Mhz difference...
  • You might be able to find a Geforce 4 MX. Also, I never would have guessed the machine has MB of RAM.
  • Yeah I was thinking it was in TB and PB
  • No, I didnt have NumLock on...
  • Alright, what did the last 2
  • Originally:
    It's really a Pentium-3 1.0Ghz, MB RAM, a 40GB HDD
  • He had his specs saying he had "MB RAM"
  • Aha! OK, now it all fits together (And probably should've to begin with).

So, what's new with the machines?

-Q