Needed drivers for Win3.1

edited February 2005 in Software
I though I would play around with Windows for Workgroups 3.11 for kicks on my laptop. I need video drivers and a modem drivers.

Video: NeoMagic MagicGraph 128ZV (128ZV+ might work too)
Modem: Lucent WinModem

Please help me find drivers. I'm having no luck. Thanks

Comments

• trainer4 wrote:
    I though I would play around with Windows for Workgroups 3.11 for kicks on my laptop. I need video drivers and a modem drivers.

Video: NeoMagic MagicGraph 128ZV (128ZV+ might work too)
    Modem: Lucent WinModem

Please help me find drivers. I'm having no luck. Thanks

So what is it you need drivers for exactly, EG: what make.
    I have a shit load of win3x drivers saved on both original floppies +
    I have an MSDN win3x kit with a Win3x WDL cd full of drivers.
  • Can you upload the kit to my server?
  • Most Lucent chipsets are Winmodems. Try www.driverguide.com (login/password temp/512) for the video drivers. Might beable to find your modem drivers there too but I dout there are any for Win3.x/
  • jcmoor wrote:
    Can you upload the kit to my server?

20 CD's in size , gee's i don't know about that one , flat out gettin 6.7kb/s
    upload to most servers these days & 500odd mb takes 24-26 hours
    which would be 1 disk alone.
    I just offered to give whatever drivers he needed.
  • Crap.....

Well do you have any standard/generic divice drivers on it for video, sound, or network cards?
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Most Lucent chipsets are Winmodems. Try www.driverguide.com (login/password temp/512) for the video drivers. Might beable to find your modem drivers there too but I dout there are any for Win3.x/

I dont think they even MADE winmodem drivers for 3.1, I think that was a 95 thing.
  • I need a video driver for a NeoMagic MagicGraph 128ZV (ZV+ works too), and I need a modem driver for an LT WinModem.
  • ive learned that while you may find vid drivers , there isnt any winmodem drivers for windows 3.1 , as fish said its 95 and up for those babies.
  • The thing is, If I could find a way to enable COM2, I might be able to do something for an Internet.... I've got ideas, but I haven't a clue to enable it, because It isn't detected by windows automatically.
  • I was able to get it up to 800x600 @ 16 colors. I want to enable high color somehow, but there are no NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 Family drivers listed on driverguide.com
  • I rememebr reading a thing a while back in PCWorld that there was a emulator for windows 3.1 that made a winmodem work as a standard 56k modem. I can't remember all of the facts, just remembering whats on top of my head at the moment.
  • If it's an older WinModem, (Nothing more than 33.6), then there should be Windows 3.11 drivers that work.

But the newer ones only work with Windows 95 and up.
  • It's a 33.6 modem. Yet, there are no drivers on my disks that I have.
  • It may or may not work. Most likely not if you can't find any drivers.
  • 33.6k modems wernt that popuralur untill windows95 came out. Before then they cost way too much and shit.
  • When Windows 95 came out, some people were still using Windows 3.1x.

Like today, we got Windows XP and alot of people still use Windows 2000.

What CPU is in your laptop? If it's a Windows 3.1x machine, then your CPU is about to be raped when you use your modem. LOL
  • Steve wrote:
    When Windows 95 came out, some people were still using Windows 3.1x.

Like today, we got Windows XP and alot of people still use Windows 2000.

What CPU is in your laptop? If it's a Windows 3.1x machine, then your CPU is about to be raped when you use your modem. LOL

elaborate...
  • winmodems dont have processors on them, they use the computers CPU to process the data... Actually, I think it was:

Winmodems have a datapump, but no onboard processor, softmodems have neither. But I cant really remember.
  • I've been searching for NeoMagic drivers for my laptop and I can't locate any for Windows 3.x . Maybe they never released win3.x drivers for them or maybe im not lookcing hard enough. The chipset in my laptop is a NeoMagic MagicGraph 2070.