DOS 5 set up problems

edited February 2005 in Software
I don't have any 720kb floppies but the comment in the rar said 3 720kb floppies. It also said 2 1.44mb floppies. I was trying to do it on the two 1.44mb floppies but I ran it and it said Disk must be formatted properly

I don't know what I am supposed to do now :(

Couldn't I just get them on an image or something (this is for Virtual PC)

Comments

• Uhh...how did you even download them in the first place? Citymail seems to be down again.
  • There's been an update to the archive. Refresh the downloads page and redownload DOS 5. It's on a different server so it's faster now.

-Q
  • You can use the images directly with VPC now.
  • ok I will redownload and also I was going to aim for dos 1.1 (which is still on citymail) but if I can get dos 5 to work then I am there.

Might want to consider moving all theh files from citymail somewhere else because most of the files I have been downloading were at citymail and run VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY slow
  • edited February 2011
    hey I just found my account here :D ok now I will post with this account (I am the person who started this topic (but I forgot my username)

btw
    I know I have a bad internet connection (even topher knows that) I have like 4x faster then dial-up. I could host one-two files for you guys (and topher don't start it about my bad connection please) plus it almost seems my connection is faster then citymail (for when it was up)

just if you guys wanted though
    ________
    Friday night lights dicussion
  • You can turn a 1.44MB floppy into a 720KB floppy. Just tape up the left hole near the bottom of the label and reformat it.
  • Or, just use WinImage as the new archive does.

-Q
  • BTW, anyone made DOS 1.1 to work?
  • I got it to boot on my 386, but when I tried running DONKEY.BAS it just sat there.

-Q
  • I never used dos 1.1
    ________
    Tacuma