Burn Mac Files to CDR on PC

edited February 2005 in Hardware
Ok. The topic name tells it all. I have downloaded a .toast image and burnt it on a CD-R (12x) using Nero 6 Ultra. When I place the disk in it tells me it is not readable and it says I can initalize it... Any Clue? I think I need special software, right? The PC is P3-1Ghz, XP Pro. The mac is OS 9.22, 333Mhz. Thanks

Nick

Comments

• Can't you get Roxio Toast for Windows and use that to write the image to the disc? I think they make a Windows version.

-Q
  • But not just toast... I am planning to download OSX (my teacher is taking too long) and I dont want to have to empty my DiskKey every time I have a file I need to transfer. I do not have internet on that machine...
  • Anyone have an idea?
  • Back inb the days I was bored and did some Mac emulating I ran across a thing that told you how to burn toat files and suck under nero and some werid converter. Yet times have changed and thing have gotten easyer. A friend of mine at my old job used a Linux Live CD that had KB3 and used it to burn Apple CD-ROM images. He would mount his harddrive under liunx and pop in a black CD in and start KB3 and burn burn burn. Thing is you need two CD-ROM drives. A DVD or CD-ROM drive and a CD-RW drive.
  • If you have alot of RAM, and a FAT partition for a SWAP file, you could use a distro that loads into the RAM completely.
  • Or use Damn Small Linux. It runs wonderfully on as low as 128MB AND provides CD burning tools (but no GCC! grr!)
  • can sum1 plz tell me how to burn .toast files in windows? have mac os 7.6 and 8
  • I used ISOBuster and opened up the .Toast, then extracted the RAW data from the Session, but it was too big to fit on a CD (7499MB)... Is there a bigger CD avalible. I heard about 900MB somewhere...
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    I used ISOBuster and opened up the .Toast, then extracted the RAW data from the Session, but it was too big to fit on a CD (7499MB)... Is there a bigger CD avalible. I heard about 900MB somewhere...
    There is no way you will fit 7499MB on a 900 MB CD-R. That sounds like it goes on a DVD.
  • Maybe he meant 749MB?
  • THen burn it to a 800 MB if that is the case.
  • look for 800MB cds if you want to go even further into incompatibility problems, or edit the image to remove any crap it may have, or give overburning a shot... I dunno.
  • That may be too much to over burn... wouldnt that be too much of as risk?
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    I used ISOBuster and opened up the .Toast, then extracted the RAW data from the Session, but it was too big to fit on a CD (7499MB)... Is there a bigger CD avalible. I heard about 900MB somewhere...
    When trying to burn the image to disk make sure the settings where it
    gives the option to burn either track at once - or - disk at once , use the
    disk at once option..
    Quite often using track at once will leave empty spaces between files & if
    there's a lot of files you'll waste a shit load of space..
    I recently extracted XP pro, integrated Sp2 then reburned it back to disk,
    As nero started the burn it 1st said the disk size was 564mb ,then after
    cacheing the files said it was 640mb in size.. 7733 files in total on the
    disk which led to a large overhead of wasted space..
    When I reburned it to disk again & chose disk at once it ended up 566mb
    in size with only a 2mb overhead..
    If your compilation is 744mb in size then you'll have to chase up some
    800mb disks.. The 700mb disks will only overburn to 728mb using the
    disk at once option. Some cheap & nasty disks can only go 713mb over.
  • KenOath wrote:
    Some cheap & nasty disks can only go 713mb over.

Care to name names so we don't get stuck with
  • Like wall-mart brand.
  • Q wrote:
    KenOath wrote:
    Some cheap & nasty disks can only go 713mb over.

Care to name names so we don't get stuck with