Neptune/oddyssy

edited February 2005 in Site Issues
are they cosider abw since they were never released? and is it even possible to find them

Comments

• Odyssey doesn't exist. Neptune is pretty easy to find.
  • which one was supposed to be the windows 9x new installment?
    I thought oddyssey was the pre-whistler beta name
  • Neptune = Windows 2001 beta. (At least that's what MS planned to do with it, they later used Whistler and made XP)

And since it's basicly Windows 2000 with some new add-ons, it's probably not legal.
  • The betas policy here is to treat it the same way as what it became/was derived from. That's why NT 5 Beta 1 got pulled, 2000 isn't ABW yet.

-Q
  • NT5 Beta isn't even close to Windows 2000. It's more or less NT4. There is really no differences besides IE Integration(4 I think), and a semi-updated kernel.
  • Q wrote:
    The betas policy here is to treat it the same way as what it became/was derived from. That's why NT 5 Beta 1 got pulled, 2000 isn't ABW yet.

-Q
    But it meets the qualifications as ABW.
  • I have neptune and windows 96 beta
  • "Windows 96" ?

-Q
  • Nashville ;)
  • Yeah, I told people on some forum how 96 is.... I don't remember too much about it now, but it was windows 95 A I think. Though it had some odd name for it's mail client.. I think it was called.. I dunno, but it began with a P. I didn't try the mail client. But the OS was definately a hacked up 95.