this by passing the ez-boot boot loader

edited February 2005 in Hardware
i have got 2 older pcs from my grandpa and the 386 with nt 3.1 as its orignal os does not work(hardware problem) but the other one works which is why i am trying to get it to boot from its original hdd but it wont it just comes up with the ezboot screen then freezes i think the hdd is loading ezboot into the bios even cause i will insert a floppy and it will still boot to easy booot and i remove the hdd and it will boot to easy boot but if i rremove the hdd and reset the config data of the bios then it will work and just booot a lfoppy and if i put in the hdd it will rekload ezboot into bios

so how the hell do i bypass or remove ezboot
cause i have been thinking of trying a bootdisk but i cant remove FUCKIGN BUGGY EZ-BOOT to even boot a damn floppy
and if this is an unchangable thing then that 2gb hdd is trash and i will switch to the 600mb hdd i managed to savde form the 486

Comments

• Wait, it wont let you boot to a floppy?

-Q
  • to remove ez boot you need to get a boot disk to boot... then you can do Fdisk /mbr. If that doesn't work, I know how to use debug to kill that ez loader (had to do it myself once).