W2K Update Rollup?

edited March 2005 in Software
Heya Ppls,
Dunno What this is, But i got Accepted into Some W2k Update
Rollup thing, And i Have me Beta Id, I Probably Singed up Ages ago,
cos i don't remember doing it....but yeh, seems like theirs going to be a Rollup thing Sfor 2k....
~James

Comments

• Yeah, basically the end of service packs for 2000. Kinda stupid really, 2000 was probably the best version of Windows.
  • That was the biggest mistake MS ever did.
  • Slash wrote:
    That was the biggest mistake MS ever did.
    What was the biggest mistake? Ending support for 2000 or making 2000?
  • Ending support for Windows 2000 is stupid. That is their second newest retail NT OS.
  • Yeah, I figured that is what he probably meant, and I guess it is stupid... I don't want to see 2000 go away already (my schools are just starting to upgrade to it...) but if MS really thinks XP and "LH" are going to change the face of home and business worlds, lets see how it works.
  • A LOT of computers are going to end up in the dumpsters.
  • Oh well, fine for us! I still prefer 2k to most. XP Pro classic'd comes close.
  • jcmoor wrote:
    A LOT of computers are going to end up in the dumpsters.
    Bah... or on ebay... for me to buy....I always could use a system that actually surpases my mini... (566 celeron, how hard can that be). Of course I have my dell, but I want something stronger in my room.
  • I don't understand MS at all why they do not release SP5
  • Because they want people to upgrade to XP, 2000 is reaching the end of its life as far as they are concerned
  • Still, enough people run 2000 on servers, it works for them, why upgrade?
  • Well, very soon they'll have to if they want continued support from Microsoft, but XP has a hefty licence fee.
  • lol fools the more products they discontine the more copy's of newer version will be sold lol if they complety discontine an os whats the first thing people do? UPGRADE!!.. lol what ms should do is release there old version of windows as freeware or opensource ...

one other thing lol i find it funny you guys wont offer windows 2000 or XP here as abandonware, lol microsoft has never Abandoned any of there software, look what happend to old-os lol the point is microsoft would sue you the same amount for distributing windows 1.01 as they would for windows XP !!
  • Anonymous wrote:
    lol fools the more products they discontine the more copy's of newer version will be sold lol if they complety discontine an os whats the first thing people do? UPGRADE!!.. lol what ms should do is release there old version of windows as freeware or opensource ...

one other thing lol i find it funny you guys wont offer windows 2000 or XP here as abandonware, lol microsoft has never Abandoned any of there software, look what happend to old-os lol the point is microsoft would sue you the same amount for distributing windows 1.01 as they would for windows XP !!

Volunteering to pay the fines then?
  • If Microsoft released any of their software as abandonware, e.g. Windows 2000, everyone would just use that rather than paying for XP. Thats the reason MS has never declared any of their software as abandonware, basically people would take advantage (a right they deserve).
  • BOD wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:
    lol fools the more products they discontine the more copy's of newer version will be sold lol if they complety discontine an os whats the first thing people do? UPGRADE!!.. lol what ms should do is release there old version of windows as freeware or opensource ...

Volunteering to pay the fines then?

We, or at least I, not sure about the other WinWorld admins, but I'm not taking WinWorld down just because MS= says so. I will take it to the extreme. So we will not end up like OldOS.

~Dufff
  • ok duffy sending your email to microsoft ;)

dear microsoft fools

duff dude a small little kid from halifax, NS has all of your windows version for download he and other admin at a place called winworld have been distributing them for years now. im here not to inform you the guy named duff has stated "I'm not taking WinWorld down just because MS= says so. I will take it to the extreme" this text leads me to says they deserve a kick in the side of the head .. im leaving the actions up to you and you corporation.

anonymous person who loves linux ;)

www.winworld.vze.com

anonymous aka FishNET
  • uh... aka fishnet? who is impersonating fish? he isn't a linux user...
  • It's obviously Topler.
  • Why do you call him Topler? Isn't it Topher?