ATI All-In-Wonder 128

edited March 2005 in Hardware
OK, so I just picked up a ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro PCI and it's working well with one slight problem. It has a TV Tuner/Video Capture, but the only drivers installed are "ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI". Typically in my experience, other drivers are installed such as "WDM TV Tuner" or the like. The problem is, ATI's Multimedia Centre (or anything else) won't let me watch TV, giving a 'The TV Player was unable to intialize video error". Any ideas?

~Duff

P.S. The AIW card is just a secondary to my AGP NVidia GeForce4 MX 440.

Comments

• OK, I just downloaded the official ATI WDM drivers, but even after installation, they don't appear in the Windows Driver list, and the ATI Multimedia Centre still refuses to 'play' the TV.

~Duff
  • Go to ATI web site and d/l the media center for the all in wonder.

I dont know what OS you are running

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/def ... olderID=27
  • Duff wrote:
    The problem is, ATI's Multimedia Centre (or anything else) won't let me watch TV, giving a 'The TV Player was unable to intialize video error".

I have downloaded and installed the Media Center for the AIW128.

~Duff
  • Knowledge Base
    ATI Customer Care > Solve a Problem > Errors / Messages >

Errors launching ATI software (TV, DVD, etc.) when using older versions of DirectX
    Current versions of DirectX are available for download from the Microsoft website at:

http://www.microsoft.com/directx

If the DirectX version installed doesn't meet the minimum version required by the Display Driver you may experience errors when trying to launch ATI software (TV, DVD, etc.).

The minimum version of DirectX required for a given display driver can generally be found on the driver's download page in the "This Driver Requires" or "Supported Operating Systems" sections.

Examples of some of the errors that can occur:
    "Cannot initialize Video" when launching the TV Player
    "Playback has failed due to one of the following..." when launching the DVD Player.
    These errors can also have other sources .

Ensure that the version of DirectX installed on the system meets the minimum requirement for the driver in use.
  • have alook at seeing whether another tv tuner program or see whether removing the card and reinstalling the card again might work.