Got any old Windows programs? Making a new 3.1 CD

edited March 2005 in Software
I'm making a Windows 3.x super-disk for some old laptops I required recently (and because I like challenges). Includes Dos 7.1 (from newdos.yginfo.net/msdos71, I think), Windows for Workgroups 3.11 (I heard there is a version on the 3.51 server CD, but I can't find that, just 32-bit TCPIP), and alot of useful programs. For instance, I have IE3 for slow PCs, IE4 for faster ones, and IE5 for recent PCs (all will be installed through a GUI installer). will have Calmira XP 3.3 with custom interfaces, and I'm going to see if I can code a go-between for Calmira to natively use 9x and XP themes (such as extracting the XP boot screen and converting it for 3.1, or finding and using the XP .theme and .msstyles icon and color info). I already have a bootable CD base laid out, and I'm just waiting for apps to throw in.

I'm looking for office apps (like Word, Excel, Works, VB) and general stuff that enhances the OS (has NTFSDOS 5 Pro, to read and write NT drives, and will have USB and CD burning support).

Comments

• I have:

- VB 4 Pro 16 bit
    - A bunch of shareware stuff circa Jan. 1993 - mostly DOS but a few nifty Windows progs too
    - Some drivers
    - NTFSDOS Pro
    - Win32s
    - VB runtimes
  • I'm also checking to see if it's at all possible to recompile WINE for Windows 3.1... I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to check.
  • Win32s are about as good as you're going to get.
  • I've also listed this in the OSBetaArchive forums under the Custom Windows Versions forum. Expect a prelim release soon, I have lots of time now since my license was just suspended for 2 months.