FAVOURITE WINDOWS9X BOOT SCREEN

edited March 2005 in Software
hi everone what is your favourite windows9x boot screen

Comments

• There isn't a good one out of any of them ... the NT ones are the best ... XP, S2003, Longhorn...
  • The all Suck. Except 98 Plus! for some reason I liked that.

Oh and who said not to advertise in posts.

Go Buy Mountain Dew :P

Richard
  • That philip martelli told me not to advertise in posts...
  • okay but will still answer my poll
  • Well, none of them were good!
  • Yeah Windows XP's one is good though much better than any of the 9x ones. NT4 Wins hand down though.

On that subject Go buy Windows XP :P

( /me comes down from his sugar rush)

Richard
    (woot)
  • Same here, I think they're all shit, I NEVER use Windows 9x, never have a need to. :p

Philip is obviously a fan, so heres some pointers as to why he's nuts:
    - 9x has no stability, it runs on top of DOS
    - 9x has no security
    - 9x was discontinued for the aforesaid reasons
  • Windows Longhorn, XP and S2003 are the best for boot screens.

I like the little scroller thingie :D
  • I like the newer Windows Flag better than the crappy one used for 9x.

Richard
  • JuleOS wrote:
    That philip martelli told me not to advertise in posts...

...Did he PM you telling you that?@!!?!

/me disables philip's PMs right now.
  • Yeh, thats better too, I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw it in October 2001 (the release of XP- 25th October 2001)
  • JuleOS wrote:
    That philip martelli told me not to advertise in posts...

...Did he PM you telling you that?@!!?!

/me disables philip's PMs right now.

Yes he did. The weirdo...
  • Yea, I just opened the PM sql file and saw someone saying that in the bottom of it, in all caps, and some other things, in all caps. He cant PM anyone anymore.
  • Thanks Fish, you've saved us all a lot of ranting.
  • If you goty any PMs from this kid, post them here!
  • Zenithus wrote:
    Same here, I think they're all shit, I NEVER use Windows 9x, never have a need to. :p

Philip is obviously a fan, so heres some pointers as to why he's nuts:
    - 9x has no stability, it runs on top of DOS
    - 9x has no security
    - 9x was discontinued for the aforesaid reasons
    Are you saying DOS is unstable?
  • Running on DOS have NOTHING to do with 9x's instability.
  • Steve wrote:
    Running on DOS have NOTHING to do with 9x's instability.
    Thats what I'm saying.
  • yup... its 9x is instable all on its own..... 95 could be tolerated..... and if you ran 9x on a domain you could make a bit more secure in the fact you could denie access to it... like NT does... so you couldn't hit cancel to get out of the login screen......

as far as the boot screens go..... thier all pretty much the same..... with a few differences..... i haven't seen 98 Plus or ME's, ME's i believe dropped the clouds... not sure....

but pretty much thats waht it is..... clouds with a windows logo... and the version..... theres a few differences......

that said i go with 98's because it was..... whats the word? well the bar at the bottum was gradient (or had better gradience)... 95B's did too...but i go with 98
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I fell liek a fool now..... i agreed with steve to avoid any "owning" when i knew it had somthing to do with DOS.....

thanks to tomchu explaining what exactly.....

you can see it, when somthign freezes or crashes in 9x doesnt' it freeze the whole damn thing? yes..

when that same thing freezes or crashes in NT does it freeze the whole damn thing? no...
  • That seems right. Which explains no hard locks under NT unless you have bad hardware or driver issues.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    I fell liek a fool now..... i agreed with steve to avoid any "owning" when i knew it had somthing to do with DOS.....

thanks to tomchu explaining what exactly.....

you can see it, when somthign freezes or crashes in 9x doesnt' it freeze the whole damn thing? yes..

when that same thing freezes or crashes in NT does it freeze the whole damn thing? no...
    That is why you don't use shell OS's.
  • somtimes though you have no choice..... a 486 that runs 95 better then NT 4..... 95 can run somewhat decent..... you just have to deal with that somtimes... its the price you pay
  • There was already one of these, dumbass.
This discussion has been closed.