Internet problems in NT4

Ok folks here is the problem, after I install NT 4 I want to get on the web but for some reason I cannot tell it that I am an a lan. I have looked for this stupid internet connection wizard but nothing. I have heard about how stable NT 4 is so this is my first time using it. But no internet kills the reason why I installed it in the first place. Stable OS + internet= (dance). BTW my download speed is rated 2.5 meg at the highest. So as of right now I am triple booting 98 SE, Dos 6 and NT 4. But NT 4 gets to just sit there from lack of internet. Speaking of which when setup detects the isa ethernet card it does not select the right one and when I change the adapter in network settings it asks for the cd to copy files but never copies them. And it still won't see the nic that 98 SE uses even though I used the correct driver and NT sees it when I try to install it but it never shows up in the adapters list.
I can get wfw 3.11 on the web through the lan but not this :(

EDIT: In response to an different post (Sorry bout that Thump) everyone can call me Con if they wish. I don't mind.

EDIT2: When I setup the ethernet adapter it I tell it where the files are, it sees them and after it copies them over it tells me that the network card is not present in the system. What gives? It IS there and Win98 SE can USE IT. This is how I get on the internet in the first place. Grr. NT 4 is making me wish I never installed it. No internet = deleted partition.

Comments

• You're lucky it didn't destroy anything Constitutional Defender. It blew mine up the first time I tried to install it.
    http://thumpnet.com/P2/NThell1.html
    But I finally got it on but I couldn't get anything to work without drivers.
    http://thumpnet.com/P2/NThell2.html
    Thump
  • Did you try setting it to do DHCP or set an IP Addres?
  • Did you try setting it to do DHCP or set an IP Addres?

Yes and no. I have tried it with and with out DHCP and it stills hates me. :(
  • Try another driver.

NT4 hates some cards. And try setting the type of cabling instead of using auto-sence.
  • Ok I am going to try to use the selection of NE 2000 Compatible adapter in the network adatpers. For some reason it won't show the other card I select for it but when I auto detected it the NE card is what came up, soooo I will try this setting and see what happens. It is an old isa ethernet card max of 10mbps. Good old stuff.
  • If you use Windows NT's NE2000 driver, you need to enter the addres/IRQ when you do. I just use the factory driver that comes with my NIC. Like, for my NE2000, I use the Netgear NE201 driver