Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4/1.1 [looooooooooong since released]

edited May 2005 in Software
Well, I decided to start a new topic since 1.0.3 has been released.

The current betas of Firefox 1.0.3 and Firefox 1.0+ are NOT WORKING! Do not install ANY builds found in the 2005-04-23-x-x branches... Many extensions will not work and the installer borks out.

Anyway, the DPR of 1.1 is supposed to be released by the end of April... There may be a small set back due to the 2 problems I mentioned above. firefox 1.1 and 1.0.x are still going to be separated until the Mozilla developers get off their lazy asses and merge the 2 milestone branches together!

Keep checking back for more.

If you have not done so yet, you should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3. You can get it here. For other languages, click here. Most language packs have been released for 1.0.3.

Comments

• A question:
    I downloaded the following at a wareasy site:
    firefox 1.0.4.en-GB.win32.installer.exe
    You think this is a rip trainer4?
    I'm still on 1.0 right now.

Thump
  • Probably. Like Winamp 5.8 betas.
  • Sounds like a nightly build of what will become 1.0.4.
  • Thump wrote:
    A question:
    I downloaded the following at a wareasy site:
    firefox 1.0.4.en-GB.win32.installer.exe
    You think this is a rip trainer4?
    I'm still on 1.0 right now.

Thump
    Ok Thump... I'll lay it out for you... All builds dated the 22nd or the 23rd have an installer that will bork out on you... All builds dated the 23rd at the moment have a version conflict that will make many extensions not work... Your best bet is to download the install for 1.0.3, or download an aviary1.0.1 or a Trunk build in a 2005-04-21-x-x or earlier branch... If you want, ZIP builds in the 2005-04-22 branches work since they don't have an installer, but if they are dated the 23rd, don't download them... I hope this helps :-s

I would also recommend using http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox as your mirror, not from some other site... other sites will give false dates...
  • Yeah I expected it's funny but the official site didn't
    have it and I grabbed it. It's date is:
    Created April 19 10:08
    Modified April 19 10:10
    Somebocy probably just change the number.

Thump
  • That's an automatically-generated nightly build of the current source code, not an official (or otherwise) release.
  • nightice wrote:
    That's an automatically-generated nightly build of the current source code, not an official (or otherwise) release.

Exactly, and they are dated by the day and hour they are made...

2005-04-22-09-aviary1.0.1 <-- breakdown:
    2005 - year
    04 - month
    22 - day
    09 - hour the build was compiled
    aviary1.0.1 - milestone (aviary is 1.0.x and trunk is 1.0+)

the official dates are the dates provided by Mozilla Servers only.
  • OK. We have the same problems with the builds released today. All builds dated 2005-04-24-x-x have the same problems as the builds from the 23rd... If you want to use any beta builds, I'd recommend the 21st. I'll keep posting more updates as they come by...
  • ok. It seems as though the win32 installers in the "2005-04-24-09-aviary1.0.1" branch install ok and my extensions seem to all work. This build is good to go. If you are a beta tester (like me) go ahead and install it :-)
  • I might start BETA testing Mozilla FireFox 1.0.4 soon.
  • cool... ok. New stuff has arisen in the development of Firefox 1.1. Here's what's posted in the forums on mozillazine...
    the new stuff
    on the plus side
    - SVG
    - new extension manager with much better/simpler updating capabilities (still buggy, mostly because of malformed extensions)
    - new theme manager, looks the same but different coding , should work better once finished
    - overall rendering speed has improved a lot
    - far better memory usage (still not "perfect" though)

on the minus side
    - some nasty select/focus bugs (john does probably wouldn't notice much, but we do)
    - varies problems in relation to incompatible and semi-incompatible extensions/themes (not that that is really new)

at the end though I'm quite sure everyone agrees that pre 1.1 really beats 1.0.x with ease
  • hmmm i think i'll deffinatly get 1.1 when its released