[suggestion] Product Ratings

edited April 2018 in Site Issues

This isn't a request for a product, but rather something that I suggest could be a good thing to have on product pages :wink:

I thought that it could be a cool idea to have ratings for a product. In this concept, there could be a little box containing a thumbs up and a thumbs down. The thumbs up means you like the product, the thumbs down means you dislike the product, and then it would show how many people like the product, and how many people dislike it.

So yeah, I just thought that it could be a good suggestion, having product ratings. :smile:

Comments

• Moved to site issues and retitled to suggestion.

Sounds like a nice idea, but I don't see a real purpose to star type ratings or likes. (We don't mine for personal data here)

Of course, if someone wants to write a full review or make comments they may certainly do so in the product comments or in the software forum section.

• edited April 2018

@SomeGuy wrote:

Moved to site issues and retitled to suggestion.

Sounds like a nice idea, but I don't see a real purpose to star type ratings or likes. (We don't mine for personal data here)

Of course, if someone wants to write a full review or make comments they may certainly do so in the product comments or in the software forum section.

This is why I don't create discussions that much. Because I'm afraid that someone, such as an admin, might start attacking me in the comments, kind of like what I've seen in a couple other discussions.

• That was very far from "attacking". You made a suggestion and someone disagreed. That's a pretty normal part of having a discussion.

• It could work but, how much use would we get out from it? And if anything was rated a measly two stars then, that would be good enough to deter us from downloading it, haha :P