Will the x86 versions of MacOS X (10.4,10.5,10.6) be available to download here?

To be specific, Will MacOS X 10.4,10.5 and 10.6 be available to download? as I need them for a video project that talks about the history of the Macintosh Operating System.I think it is possible as Tiger,Leopard and Snow Leopard are discontinued and no one uses them anymore

EDIT:Should I repost this in the "Offers and Requests" Section?

Thanks!

Comments

• According to Wikipedia, the last of the official support for macOS 10.6 ended in 2016, but that was for the App Store. The operating System's support ended in 2014. The last compatible Mac was the mid-2010 Mac Mini. Maybe, it can be classified as abandonedware?

• This post should explain why 10.4 and later aren't offered on WW.

• @ibmpc5150 said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Tiger
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Leopard

I think WinWorld still doesn't accept 10.4.x at least until 2017.

First 10.4.1 was in Apr. 2005 (nearly 12 years), but final 10.4.11 was in Nov. 2007. (under 10 years)
    So I don't recommend to request OSX version 10.4.x or later.

Well, it is 2018 now, at least 10.4 as no one will create hackintoshes with that as it won't be able to run any programs and there would be a million driver problems as you would need a very old intel cpu to run it

• @TheMacintoshLinuxUser said:
    As you would need a very old intel cpu to run it

What about my current Pentium 4 :blush:

• @SistemaRayoXP said:

@TheMacintoshLinuxUser said:
    As you would need a very old intel cpu to run it

What about my current Pentium 4 :blush:

HMMMMMMM 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

• but seriously, I almost finished my video project, All I have left is Tiger. (I have found a old Hackintosh VM from my old windows PC that runs Leopard)

• The earliest CPU that the Intel version of macOS can run on is the Intel Core Duo, which is a muiltçore CPU plus it is 64x based (on some models of the CPU). Before that, they were using dual PowerPCs CPUs in some of their most systems. Pentium 4 will not even work.

• @droem said:
    The earliest CPU that the Intel version of Mac OS X can run on is the Intel Core Duo, which is a multicore CPU plus it is x64 based (on some models of the CPU). Before that, they were using dual PowerPCs CPUs in some of their most systems. Pentium 4 will not even work.

How can you be sure? I meant, yeah, Pentium 4 are a bit old, but have you actually tried it? (I feel ofended for this, seriously). And, they decided to begin with Core Duo, but that doesn't mean it won't run in an enough fast Pentium 4.

• Seeing as the official developer systems for the Intel transition were P4.... there is certainly a chance of hackintoshing 10.4 onto a P4

vintagemacmuseum.com/the-apple-developer-transition-system-a-trojan-horse-powermac/

• @wingzeroismine said:
    Seeing as the official developer systems for the Intel transition were P4.... there is certainly a chance of hackintoshing 10.4 onto a P4

vintagemacmuseum.com/the-apple-developer-transition-system-a-trojan-horse-powermac/

Huh, I never knew that. Yet, I have watch many history of Apple videos one YouTube. My bad. :#

• I got Tiger (10.4.1) Working in VMware Fusion.Problem Is,that there is no network support, no sound nor changing of resolution. If there are drivers I can download, please tell me

• edited April 2018

What network card are you using? If it's Realtek, you can download the drivers from their website. As for the resolution issue, as far as I know QEMU and PearPC have specific drivers for this (Change resolution on the fly), but the information about your drivers would be useful. I recommend you to make a new post about this issue.

• My MacBook Pro's Broadcom Chip.Well I am using Tiger 10.4.1 Intel, it lists it self as a "Apple Development Platform"

• VMware emulates the network adapter, it doesn't directly see your onboard broadcom, I'm not 100% sure on how fusion arranges its files, but wherever the VM is saved you should be able to find a .vmx file, that lists the config of the VM. Inside that file you can find how the NIC is configured, see how it compares to this:
    ethernet0.present = "TRUE"
    ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"
    ethernet0.addressType = "generated"
    ethernet0.connectionType = "bridged"

(Note: I prefer bridging my VMs to a network adapter instead of using NAT, do whatever works for you)

• @wingzeroismine, it seems like he managed to install it on a real MacBook Pro, so I guess the VM tricks doesn't apply here

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    @wingzeroismine, it seems like he managed to install it on a real MacBook Pro, so I guess the VM tricks doesn't apply here

@TheMacintoshLinuxUser said:
    I got Tiger (10.4.1) Working in VMware Fusion.

He got it working... in a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion)... that happens to be running on a real mac. (which is the only technically valid way to do it...) So the VM tricks still apply here.

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    it seems like he managed to install it on a real MacBook Pro, so I guess the VM tricks doesn't apply here

No, My MacBook Pro(13,2) is too new for tiger.So I am using Tiger in VMware Fusion. Sorry if I confused you