Download counter suddenly increases when using a download manager

Hello, I'm relatively new here.

I've been browsing and downloading files here since 2016. But after the site has been down for a few months and went online again, they created a 50 Downloads Limit Daily. This should be fine, but I recently downloaded Windows 95 RTM (3.44) using Internet Download Manager. This is the only file I downloaded, but the counter increases from time to time, from 1 out of 50 to 11 out of 50, it seems like the download manager "re-downloads" some file parts to speed up downloading, but it's a burden for me.

Comments

• Don't use a download manager. It won't improve your speed much (and mirrors are generally bandwidth-limited anyway, so it's bad for other users).

Practically every browser has an acceptable download manager that uses a single connection to download files. I would encourage you to use that instead.

• I'm not criticizing you directly in any form, but download managers have always been discouraged on WinWorld because of this 'multi-part' feature many of them have.

This feature opens up numerous connections to the server for a single download in an attempt to increase download rates. This is one of the main reasons our mirrors purposely restrict the number of simultaneous connections and speed per IP address, making it a futile effort.

Using a download manager in and of itself is fine, but it's best to disable, or reduce, that feature in the settings. Every download manager is different so I can't provide specific instructions.