[OFFER] Windows 95 Bootable ISO (EXPERIMENTAL)

edited June 2018 in Offers & Requests

After looking around the internet, I've stumbuled upon a iso file, which claims to be bootable. So, I downloaded the ISO file and ran it on a VM, booted to setup without any problems.
Just has problems with last stage of the setup (Please insert Windows 95 CD-ROM one, fails to load because the files are "missing") I tried adding more setup files to it, but the ISO software keeps spawning errors. Maybe who, has more expierience and how ISOs work, can give a shot at this. It has some cab files missing(?), I think the devs can fix that problem with ease. The ISO may work with a different setup approach, not fully sure. Also I may have posted in the wrong place, if so, sorry ;(
Moderators/Administrators can delete, move this topic if needed. I'm new here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wa6hk5HrFoo_GD4ld0XLOOVEjxlgsGpO

Comments

• Eh, we don't usually accept custom hacks unless there is some major benefit to the community. But feel free to discuss this modification.

That "please insert Windows 95 CD" usually happens when someone runs setup directly from the CD, and Windows has not yet loaded the protected mode driver during first boot.

There are two ways to fix this. One way is to make sure a DOS CD driver and MSCDEX, pointing to the same drive letter, are installed and loaded with Windows. This way the CD should be available both at first boot and in DOS mode.

The other, more accepted way, is to pre-copy all of the CABs to the hard drive and then run setup. Optionally there can be a choice to remove them after install. The only disadvantage is if there is not enough space - but in practice, if there is not enough space for the setup CABs then you won't usually have enough space to actually DO anything with Windows 9x anyway.

• A bootable Windows 95 iso? Great Idea!