[REQUEST] Oxford English Dictionary CD ROM 1992

Does anyone know where to get the Oxford English Dictionary CD Rom from 1992 ?
Pretty hard to find, I'd even be willing to pay for it but no luck, it's not sold anywhere.

Comments

• If you're willing to pay, maybe the publishing company could help you. My experience shows, that book and software companies are usually very kind, when i comes to questions for old stock.

• I'm afraid they'd rather sell me their newest version, not an old one.

• Software companies kind about old things? What alternate universe are you from?

• edited July 2018

@SomeGuy said:
    Software companies kind about old things? What alternate universe are you from?

The real question is: What software company was that nice to @sdose?

• I needed the bundled CD+Book for a quite old Vellemann IO Board, they sold me for only very little above postage, 2 years ago.
    I needed CDs for a programming book, Franzis, they sold me.
    I needed old documentation, they sold me.

Three times tried, three times it worked. This is the universe we live in.

• I forgot one, i also got docs+cd for a Dil NET PC 486.

So, 4 times it worked.

• However, which company/companies helped you with this old software?

• As I wrote, Vellemann, Franzis and SSV.

So, from my experience, it is always worth a try by email. If you're reconstructing an old machine and explain that, chances shouldn't be too bad to get help if possible.

One can talk about "not working" or just try it, especially if someone says, that this sometimes works. (In my case, 100% worked)

• Oxford University Press no longer sells their OED software but you can still get it new on Amazon (marketplace) for more than 1000$. Even the online subscription for the OED online version costs almost 300$ per year so I don't think they will sell me an older version (which they probably don't even have in stock anymore) for a reasonable price.