Winlogon issue

edited August 2018 in Software

So today when starting up the system, I noticed that the "Please wait" screen lingered on for much longer than usual until getting to the "Welcome" screen. When taken to my desktop, I noticed that the Windows Classic theme was used instead of the usual (and that usually happens if there's a problem with the svchost.exe process) and right away, a notification bubble popped up which said this:

Failed to connect to a Windows service

Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.

This was where I went to the Event Viewer to view the logs and this is what it said for the "Winlogon" one:

Winlogin: The winlogon notification subscriber was unavailable to handle a critical notification event.

From there, I have no idea what to do and not even restarting the service itself helped, not even restarting the whole system. I hope Microsoft haven't borked with anything for this to stir up but from what I've provided, it looks like they have.

If anybody can help out or happen to have the same issue as I have then please leave your words of support here. Thanks.

EDIT: I also noticed that both the .NET Framework services (x86 and x64) under the Services dialog are disabled so, this may the real cause of the problem. Probably from me not wanting to install the latest rollup for it that I mentioned in my previous thread.

Comments

• Actually, nevermind. The problem seemed to have fixed itself. That's good.

• Well, I'm sorry to say but it's now happened to me again twice and, I'm getting really frustrated now and I hope there's a fix to this. Honestly, I hate having to see that error everytime I start-up the system and see that Windows Classic is there and for a seconds, the Audio Service is hung. When I shut down later today, I expect things to be back to normal and if they do, I think hibernating should be the best option from now on, and I think others would agree.