.7z_ files in Microsoft Edge

Hello, when downloading files in my favorite browser (Microsoft Edge) a .7z_ file is downloaded while in Opera and Google Chrome a .7z, I must change the name of the file to open it, why are they downloaded with this format so foreign (.7z_)?
Thanks you.
Mateo Hideg.

Comments

• Because Microsoft Edge is such decomposing garbage that even Microsoft wants to replace it.

As far as I can tell, Winworld is returning the correct file extension and Mime Type to Edge. No idea why Edge messes it up.

• I believe that Edge expects a 3-character file extension and nothing less, and adds the underscore as a placeholder.

• If you have another browser handy, you're better of downloading the files with that instead. Edge is just terrible, and I question why some people out there even use it.

Also @SomeGuy, I knew that it would be replaced with something better, although still retaining the "Edge" name.

• @Bry89 said:
    Also @SomeGuy, I knew that it would be replaced with something better, although still retaining the "Edge" name.

He's talking about this post, which is about an article in WindowsCentral

• And now Microsoft will attempt to punish Windows 7/8.x users with the new iteration of Edge.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/12/06/microsoft-edge-making-the-web-better-through-more-open-source-collaboration/#HFEkoa7b1gQWJVIP.97

Unfortunately they didn't go a step further and "abandon" Windows 10 as a whole, replacing it with something based on Windows 7.

• If that's going to happen, I'll just reject the update if it comes. I'm more than happy with Firefox thanks very much.

• Yeah, Edge should really just be an optional download instead of a forced update. Microsoft is trying too hard to make Windows 7/8 look like Windows 10.