ATI Radeon 9600XT and Windows 98SE issues

I recently acquired an ATI Radeon 9600XT AGP card for my Windows 98SE in place of the GeForce 6200 PCI card. I got the card installed, however, there are a couple of issues:

1) The NEC MultiSync 1850e reports the video is out of range, even though, it displays a picture
2) I installed the Catalyst 6.2 drivers and software in Windows 98SE, but, after I installed the drivers, the OS would either lock up after it installs the drivers or just restarts when it's going to the login screen.

System specs:
Motherboard: DFI KM266PRO-MLV
CPU: AMD Sempron 2200+
RAM: 256MB DDR333
GPU: ATI Radeon 9600XT AGP
Monitor: NEC MultiSync LCD1850e Dual VGA
Sound: Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum SB0100 + SB IR Drive
HDD: Maxtor D740X-6L 60GB
ODD0: LG CD Burner
ODD1: Samsung DVD-ROM
Speakers: JBL Platinum speakers
PSU: 400W DiabloTek (cheap) with the ATX-ATX w/ -5V adapter
Case: Ultra Wizard ULT31580 Black case

I also noticed that two caps are bulged just a bit. Should I recap the card as well to be on the safe side?

The out of range also occurs when it's turning on as well at the POST screen, boot/splash screen, and the desktop. I'm going to check my motherboard and see what's going on and/or swap the boards again to see what the heck is going on. I'm also planning on recapping the GPU as well with new caps (the 5 electrolytic capacitors) and visually inspect the motherboard to see if there are any bad caps. Could a cheap PSU also become a factor in this as well? I have a Corsair 520HX PSU that's in my Socket 7 machine that's very stable and reliable that'll get installed in the PC and my plan is to install a 250W Bestec PSU (I have several of these lying around from HP/Compaq systems) since those still work in my Socket 7 system.

I currently have the GeForce 6200 PCI card installed temporarily until I sort this out, but, since it's only a PCI card, the VooDoo2 card will act strange or not work (needs 2 new caps since 2 broke off) when it's inserted into the last PCI slot.