Microsoft BASIC -80

edited May 2019 in Product Comments

Microsoft BASIC -80

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• What program can I use to open the source code? I know they are macros but what program created them?

• @Muffinshine said:
    What program can I use to open the source code? I know they are macros but what program created them?

These are machine language files, probably for MASM (Microsoft Macro Assembler) or compatible assemblers. They were written manually by Bill Gates and Paul Allen (R.I.P.) in the 1970's. You can look at them in any plain text editor.

Here's the full story behind BASIC-80.

• @SoftWitch said:

@Muffinshine said:
    What program can I use to open the source code? I know they are macros but what program created them?

These are machine language files, probably for MASM (Microsoft Macro Assembler) or compatible assemblers. They were written manually by Bill Gates and Paul Allen (R.I.P.) in the 1970's. You can look at them in any plain text editor.

Here's the full story behind BASIC-80.

Thanks!

• "Microsoft BASIC-80 Rev. 4.3 (?) [IMSIA] [CP/M-80]
    Release date not specified"

According to the copyright string it is "BASIC Rev. 4.3 [CP/M Version] Copyright 1977 (C) by Microsoft"