Forum Rules - Formats - Spotlights - Home - Library - New Additions
Rudolph Loew has died
edited September 2019 in News & Announcements
Rudolph Loew, developer of the RAM, 48-bit LBA and SATA patches, among others, for Windows 9x has passed away.
His site is now offline. He has not been active on MSFN since August 28.
Rest in peace.
All condolences to his loved ones.
That's sad. I purchased his Windows 98 RAM patch a couple years ago. While I disliked some of his "scare tactics" I will call them, he did a lot of nice work. May he rest in peace.
Wow. His death was marked at least 3 websites.
That is sad :(
It is important.
Statement from Rudolph's kin regarding freely distributing his patches: https://msfn.org/board/topic/180215-rloew-1952-2019-has-passed-away/?do=findComment&comment=1170950
I heard about the passing of this guy, too. I saw the news on a few other forums. I never really knew who he was, but he did seem pretty interesting in the tech biz.
R.I.P Rudolph Loew
Find the most popular patches developed by Rudolph R. Loew here:
shall they be preserved, if only to prove how far one talented person can extend the capabilities of a complex closed-source product abandoned by its creator.
A formal website has been set up to allow for the downloading of Rudolph Loew's projects. More will be uploaded over time:
I personally hope for the interrupt driver plus the other stuff needed to get USB 2.0 working in Windows 95.
Huh, I did hear that Rudolph's son has set up a new website related to his deceased father. It could be a nice way to fill in the void with Rudolph's content on the web, or as a memoir of him.
- AHCI CD DOS Driver
- AHCI for Windows 9x
- Full Disk encryption for Windows 9x
- PTCHCDFS - To correct displayed size of DVDs on Windows 9x
- Blu-Ray writing and reading support for Windows 9x
- >4GB file support for Windows 9x
- 48 bit LBA support for Windows 9x (HDD up to 2 TB)
- SATA support for Windows 9x
- >4GB RAM support for Windows 9x
- API Redirector for Windows 9x
- HDD Advanced Format support for Windows 9x
- SSD TRIM DOS program for DOS/Windows 9x on FAT32 file system
- 9x shell32 patch with newer functions
- Windows Driver Model (WDM) API Extender
- Update slipstreaming for Windows 9x !
Simply AMAZING! Thank you Rudolph Loew, you will not be forgotten.