Generic SVGA Driver (Windows 3.1)

edited July 2022 in Product Comments
Generic SVGA Driver (Windows 3.1) Generic SVGA Driver (Windows 3.1)

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Do these drivers work on VMware Workstation Pro? If they work. Can someone tell me which option should I choose? I know that I need to choose the option, 'Other' from the display configuration but I don't know what size should I choose.

• worked on Vmware Fusion.
  • Be careful as of what type you choose in Win 3.11(ended up bricking my win3.11 install)
  • I assume you mean you installed the driver through the GUI and then Windows 3.x would not start. To recover from this situation, one runs the DOS based setup program on the hard drive, from which one can select a different video driver.
  • I install it on Virtual Box 7,and the driver makes my Windows 3.1 down.I cannot repair it again.It is always the same after I installed the graphics.Can someone help me?And I'd be really thankful.
  • Go in to your installation's system.ini and change the display.drv=svga256.drv to display.drv=vga.drv