[OFFER] - Interquest FACES 3.0 (FULL)

I'm not a police officer, but i like certain kinds of "weird" shows. Among them is the FACES.

It is an IDENTIKIT program specially designed for use by the Police. Even today I have knowledge that in the USA it is still used.

The good thing about the program is that it is based on PHOTOS of noses, eyes, ears, mustaches, faces, beards, eyebrows, etc. and NOT by drawings. This makes the image generated by the program quite realistic.

As one is not a Police, it serves to "play" a little, trying to make an image of a friend or relative.

In the old days of FAX, the practicality of the program was to be able to generate a unique code to shorten the transmission times between states. Instead of sending an image, only the code that the program reproduced without problems from a distance was sent.

As for the RARE of the program, the reality is that NEVER !!!!! I got a FULL version on the internet.

There are versions called "EDU" but they are extremely limited.

The version that I have (3.0), a friend gave me 18 years ago on a CD copy that still works perfectly today.

Versions are found on the Internet, but they are all "EDU" limited.

Welcome if anyone could get version 4.0 FULL which I still can't find anywhere.

If someone has the 4.0 perfect !!!

Comments

• Interested, can you share a link?
  • I'm uploading it right now. When I'm done, I post the link. One hour aprox. from now
  • Yes. I love old specialized win32 software like this.

Some of this type of software (like Scala InfoChannel, which is used to generate graphics for stuff like local weather stations in the U.S.) has turned up on CD/DVD-based warez compilations. Indeed I remember seeing other police-related software like something for accident reconstruction and maybe even a competitor for this product on Twilight DVDs on the Internet Archive, but not FACES 4.0. :(

Though it is possible that some later early to mid 2000s warez distros may surface later, as they slide into abandonware territory.
  • Yes, but like FACES there is no other, it is a first-rate program. In minutes the link !!! :-)
  • Here I uploaded my FACES CD 3.0 (FULL)

One clarification is that the friend who copied it 18 years ago did not do it with a suitable program such as "WinImage", "UltraISO" or "WinISO". For this reason, the dates of the folders are not the original dates of the CD (year 1998), but when they were copied (year 2002).

Other than that detail, the files are SPOTLESS and unmodified.

For a matter of low bandwidth to upload, I divided the file into four parts, which can be joined with a BATCH file.

I hope you like the program because it was worth it and it still works perfectly.

https://mega.nz/folder/H25gDLTa#jsbmyJNTh8VGQGAMDOaFNg

Regards!!
  • I hope some comment of the program. As I mentioned, it is top-notch and hard to come by.
  • @CarlosAM downloaded it and combined it back together into the 7zip archive, than back into the iso, tried opening the iso and its saying its corrupt?
  • UMMMMMM, check the md5 file if one part is corrupt
  • If one part is corrupt, i uploaded
  • edited September 2020
    @CarlosAM I checked the md5 for all of them , the hash matches, I forgot to say , its 7zip saying the .iso is corrupt , usually 7zip can open up most .iso's. What program do you use to open this iso?
  • Hello!!!

7-zip doesn't open all ISOs, it depends.

In my upload, I included a ".md5" file.

If you have a program to verify the integrity of files, it would be ideal, to know which part is faulty of the ones that I uploaded if this is the case.

If not, download a FREE verification program like:

http://www.md5summer.org/md5v12011.zip

I am looking forward to your response!!!
  • @CarlosAM None of the files are corrupted , I got the iso to work in another program, I than converted it to a iso format that 7zip supports
  • OK!!!, good!!!

Greetings!!
  • Hello!!!

By the way I clarify that to join the files you have to run the BATCH file (FACES_3.0.iso.bat). There you will find the "7-Zip" to extract.
  • @michaelweaser I have the same problem. What program did you use to read and convert the iso file?
  • @AJFA Winiso 5.3 from http://www.winiso.com/products/winiso-free.html , which is fully free now , it does have the license name and key in a txt document so you get all features. Just open the iso in that program, then you go to save as, and it will save it as a iso that works in 7zip , and most other programs.
  • edited September 2020
    For my taste, I prefer UltraISO which I have used for many years and it works very well.
  • Thanks @michaelweaser, it worked perfectly. @CarlosAM UltraISO is a good choice too!
  • edited September 2020
    VirtualCloneDrive also works nicely. Thank you and it is working great on Vista!
  • Here I write some details of the program.The program works very well, at least in Windows 7 (and earlier up to Windows 98) where I have tested it.

Perhaps due to some programming BUG, when loaded it consumes 50% of the processor. Enough for the way I see it.
    Version 4.0 EDU does not do that.

A certain BUG that one detected is that, for example, when applying certain complements, they move two positions when moving them, for example the noses. What makes one can not place them exactly in the position that one wants. In version 4.0 EDU this does not happen, which shows that the defect was fixed.

Of course, between version 3.0 and 4.0 improvements were made and 6 plugins were added. As I mentioned earlier, it would be great if someone could upload version 4.0 FULL.Here are the differences of the FULL vs. the EDU:

------------------------------------------------------
    DIFERENCIAS FACES 3.0 - FACES EDU PLUS 4.0
    cabello 360 - 198
    formas de cabeza 66 - 28
    arrugas de la frente 44 - 22
    cejas 213 - 184
    ojos 512 - 330
    narices 600 - 314
    labios 570 - 216
    formas de mandíbula 424 - 159
    bigotes 145 - 87
    barbas 157 - 72
    barbas de chivo 33 - 33
    gafas 125 - 97
    arrugas de los ojos 69 - 47
    pliegues del rictus 149 - 68
    pliegues de la boca 51 - 28
    pliegues del mentón 41 - 22
    tonos de piel - 6
    accesorios para la cabeza - 42
    lunares - 27
    cicatriz - 3
    perforaciones corporales - 14
    tatuajes - 9
    TOTAL COMPONENTS 3559 - 2036
  • By the way I add, that it is not necessary to load / mount the CD. You can copy all the content to your hard drive and run the French, Spanish or English EXE.
  • If anyone wants to redump this software, there are several copies on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362871082774?nordt=true

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114523444754?nordt=true

It looks like the re-burned copy is missing the Macintosh support.
  • It's true, I generated a (perfect) ISO from the CD copy I have, but my friend who lived far away and had the Original CD, in year 2002 instead of making a correct dump, he copied the files to his hard disk and then he created a CD that he mailed to me. My dump is flawless from my copy, but NOT exactly from the Original.

Maybe the proper title that I should have put in the post should be:

InterQuest FACES 3.0 (FULL) ONLY for Windows PC.

As I mentioned earlier, it would be interesting if someone could get version 4.0 FULL from "IQ Biometrix" which is more complete than 3.0.

Regards!!