WinWorld Password leak?

My iPad just recently said WinWorld had a data breach/leak... anyone else encountered this yet?

Looks like I’ll have to change my password.

Would be wise for everyone else to do the same.

Comments

• It means your password has been part of a data breach at some point, not that WinWorld itself has had a data breach. My password has not been flagged as such.
  • The best thing to do is use a password manager and generate random, unique passwords for every site. Never use the same password twice.
  • Updated password to one suggested by Firefox. I wonder when said breach occurred as its been a while since I joined the site as a member....
  • I'm not aware of any "breach". It's not a bad idea to change passwords once in a while, and don't use the same password here as on other sites. Just common sense.

I'd actually be more worried that such a notification might be a phishing attempt.

"Updated password to one suggested by Firefox" Suggested by Firefox? Does it actually do that now? I would not trust that.

Unless you use the same password elsewhere, the worst that can happen is someone posting crap as you. Since anyone can sign up and post crap, I don't see why anyone would bother.

Skroob: "And change the combination on my luggage!"
  • Firefox and chrome both do that. It's kind of nice and I hope it encourages users to use those stronger passwords.
    The downside is that it usually saves the password in the browser, which is probably not great. If I recall correctly, there have been exploits for that, and you can usually pull the passwords if you have local access... Still, it's better than nothing.
  • Ah looks like I’m not the only one who has watched Spaceballs :D

Anyhow issue is now resolved.