[Offer] HP NewWave 1.0

Comments

• Thank you very much for sending this! It certainly is interesting as it runs under Windows 2.

This is not the first release, although their version numbering is confusing. The key to identifying it is the product code from the bottom of the box, that thankfully you included.

According to wikipedia, the first release was product "D1704" released in 1988. Then the 1990 version for Windows 3.0 was "D1704B". This product is dated 1989 and is product "D1704A". There was also a developer kit released prior to these.

This version identifies itself as "A.01.00", so by more common versioning it might be thought of as 1.0A.

Oddly this particular version explicitly requires Microsoft Windows 2.11/286. It fails to even recognize Windows 2.11/386. It also wants LIM 4.0 compatible EMS memory, although it starts up without it.

It looks like the manuals for this would be bound, so a royal pain to scan. But if you could scan at least the setup guide, that would be very helpful.

• I tried Windows 2.11/286 diskettes but it says it can't find a disk with the volume label SETUP, which disks do I need to use?
  • Wow, thanks very for share rare Netware 1.0
  • @SomeGuy Yes the manuals are bound, so they are hard to scan. I made a "quick and dirty" scan of the install manual with Office lens. There are also important informations in the Readme file on the first disk.

https://mega.nz/file/3bhk1SDA#uAlz-vbxabWaKSrlNAmMSPgzxFsuC5XPpOaw94JmSdU