Microsoft Macro Assembler 6.0 3.5" Download

I recently downloaded the 7 disk set of the assembler package. Ran SETUP and after getting through all the prompts when SETUP then attempts to start copying files it displays "Bad Full Path c:\windows\temp" and stops. Upon inspection, the temp directory does exist. Any idea why I am receiving this message? I downloaded from this site because I have a couple of bad disks from the original Microsoft Assembler 6.0 package that I own and wanted to replace the bad disks. Fortunately, my original set up disk works and does not produce the message; however if I try to use my setup disk with the others that were downloaded I get file issues reported with those disks when files start to copy from them. I thought there may be a compatibility problem between my original disks and what is downloaded so I just figured that I would download all the disks from the site and use them. So, the message I receive when using the site start up disk is puzzling unless the down load is corrupted. I attempted the installation on both old Windows 95 and Windows 2000 machines and receive the same message.

Comments

• edited March 2021
    The only thing that I can think of is that you might need to set the TEMP dir in the autoexec.bat.
    SET TEMP=c:\temp
    SET TMP=c:\temp

But that doesn't explain the difference between the disks. Unless there is a minor version difference, which you would need to check the size of the setup program.

Hope this helps.