3DNA 1.0

edited May 2021 in Product Comments

image3DNA 1.0

3DNA is a 3D virtual environment shell that presents your computer as a

Read the full story here

Comments

• The 1.0 download Is corrupted or broken, can somebody please redump this?
  • I have re-uploaded the archive, please give it a try now. It wasn't corrupted, but the ISO was in "raw iso" format, that many emulators don't support.
  • Installed this in XP VM, and it was stuck in a Software Mode loop, where it asks you to restart in 10 seconds every time you open the program. I wouldn't recommend installing.
  • I tried both versions (1.0 and 1.1) when I had Windows 98 SE and ME. If I'm not wrong it worked with Windows XP Pro x86 also. But with x64 OS's it did not work (Windows 7 x64, 8.1 x64). Compatibility modes do not work.

It gives you the feeling that you're in a "real" home environment where you can "touch" and "use" with this beautiful and wonderful 3D application. You can sit down, relax, walk around, look at pictures (on the walls), go online on a virtual browser.

You can change almost anything (picture frames, browser, websites).

BUT: It has WAY TOO MANY advertisements (but you can change the website links in program's files in Windows Explorer to avoid popping(showing)-up advertisements). Too bad that there are no new versions for x64 Windows systems.
  • Pretty much forgot about this... I have the medicated version with all environment addons I'll have to try it out on an XP 'test' machine... I would not recommend using a 'VM' on such as this as you want to match the OpenGL it was designed for...
  • edited October 2023
    I installed v1.0 on my WinXP VM (VMWare with WinXP DX9/OpenGL 2.X support).
    Seems to run okay, but the frame rate is tearing badly but it's usable.

If anyone is interested in how to configure VMware for winXP, see notes here:
    https://archive.org/details/net-yaroze-dev-winxp-vm-2022
  • LOL!... There's probably something 3DNA don't like about the VM or perhaps it's the OpenGL 2...

If it were that funky back in the day (over 20 years ago)... I doubt it would've sold at all especially with the much meager machines back then...

Personally I am gonna try on an HP dv4000 with XP... OpenGL 1.4, single-core DX9 that I have over in the 'shop' (bought it for 12 bucks on ebay)... That is the actual machine config of that era but with better RAM & such...

There seems to be interest in this though-

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=3DNA+Desktop