[Offer] Intel Unix System V Revision 4.0 Version 2.0

This is just standard raw images of the 5.25" 1.2M floppy disks in my possession. No read errors were encountered and I know the software I used does check for read errors. They are Unix disks that do not contain a DOS compatible file system.

https://archive.org/details/intel-unix-sv-r4-v2

Comments

• Very nice. Were these from factory original disks? If so, any chance of getting label scans or at least readable photos?

Specifically, we have an "AT&T" Unix System V, but it this copy actually OEMed by Intel?

Thanks.
  • Yes I have the original physical disks, no documentation or packaging or anything though. It is an Intel OEM, AT&T's logo does not appear on the discs anywhere, but they are acknowledged as the owners of Unix. I could take some images, but I will note one disc is mislabeled. Do you want pictures of all of them or just the first one?
  • Oh and they seem to be working in 86box.
  • I know it is a lot of disks, but if you could get all of them that would be good. Just make a note here of what the labeling issue is. For our purposes, you can stack the disks on each other so only the labels are visible, so you can get 4-5 or so in a single photo.
  • I'll see what I can do. Let me know if there's somewhere specific you want me to upload the images.
  • edited May 2021
    Here you go, Imgur messed up the order a little bit, but I labeled the images.

Imgur Album

I'll be putting these on archive.org as well I suppose, if you wanted to clean up the images and crop them and all I can put those on the archive instead.

Also I did get the system to boot, install, and get to a fully working command line using 86box, so they are as far as I'm concerned perfect copies. When it boots it calls itself AT&T UNIX System V/386 Release 4.0 Version 2.0.

If you want to do it yourself you should use a 386 or 486 with an IDE hard drive and start with the ESDI boot disk.
  • What 86box configuration did you use?
  • edited May 2021
    86Box v3.0

Machine Type: i386DX/i486
    Machine: Award 486 Clone
    CPU Type: Intel i486SX
    CPU Speed: 25
    FPU: 487SX
    Memory: 16MB
    Video: 7 VGA 1024i (HT208)
    HD Controller: Internal
    FD Controller: Internal
    Hard Disk: 1023 Cylinder, 15 Head, 17 Sector, 127MB IDE Drive on Channel 0:0
    A Drive: 5.25" 1.2M
    B Drive: 3.5" 1.44M

Be sure to go into the machine's BIOS and specify the floppy and hard disk sizes.