[Offer] Dagesh Word Processor v1.1 for Windows

Released in 1993, Dagesh was a word processor with multi-language support.

It was the first to support English/Hebrew processing on Windows.
The advantages of Dagesh over other word processing software are mainly expressed in support of multi-language and two-way writing and in support of Biblical Hebrew fonts.
As with any word processor, Dagesh also supports these features: formatting tables, arranging text in columns, creating template files, footnotes and endnotes, creating forms and fields, searching and replacing text, checking spelling and spelling errors.

Floppy Disk Images @ https://mega.nz/folder/EWhXVSSL#721tn-bIMbi4H-lbjphn2A

Comments

• Unfortunately it seems not to be dumped from original media correctly.

I don't recommend UltraUSO. Also Winimage is not so good dump tool if sector has error.
  • edited May 2021
    I've mounted the images and installed using DosBox. It works & it's complete.
    I can't do a sector-by-sector raw dump of the original floppies since I don't have them anymore.
  • @scrutinizer

You seem not to understand what I'm saying.

First, original boot sector is not dumped by UltraISO.
    Second, FAT and Root Area is not dumped by UltraISO.

Your image is just like file dump only, not included with original boot sector/FAT/Tracks.
  • I see what you're saying and of course you are correct.
    But it's irrelevant when it comes to this specific software. I wouldn't have used this method on an OS disk, but the boot sector & raw FAT table are meaningless in this case since there's nothing related to the software itself in there.

This software is extremely rare nowadays, and it's very unlikely to run into the original diskettes. Since it's 100% complete, I think it's better to have it archived and represented than losing it to the ages.
  • But please do tell me,
    If my posts won't be added to the library because of this, I'll just stop posting. I don't wish to waste your time, nor mine.
  • My understanding is that Winworld prefers images of the original disks wherever possible. While there are some applications that have file archives uploaded, I'm not sure what the criteria are for this, or if they are still accepting submissions in this format.
  • These images were made of the original disks though they're not raw dumps. That's what I have, It's fully functional, and I don't see it available anywhere else. Please let me know how to proceed if at all since I have more to offer.
  • The idea is to replicate the media as exactly as possible. If another collector has a damaged set of disks, and Winworld has exact dumps, then they can restore them to 100% original condition.

Also "file dumps" tend to lose file date stamps, folder date stamps, volume labels, and file order. "modern" OSes screw with dates in an attempt to adjust for non-existant time zones, and they write last access dates or desktop information all over the place. Some application disks actually DO have custom boot sectors that give the user different, product specific, messages when the disk is left in the drive. Some boot sectors may also contain information about how the disk was mastered. Sometimes this is not important, but sometimes it is critical.

Even if the disks were not factory original, if they were created using DISKCOPY then they might still have all of that information intact.

There is also the problem that since these are so crufty, I have to just assume these are some kind of nasty warez dumps. Which means I will have to carefully test and inspect the program for completeness, disk errors, viruses, user alterations, and such. Since I know zilch about this software, and it is in a foreign language, that will take a lot of time that I just don't have.

Wile I do occasionally polish up crufty dumps, given how incredibly much I have to work on, this will quickly get buried at the bottom of the pile.
  • Ok then.
    For whatever it's worth - All my uploads were taken from the original diskettes which I own. I archived them years ago for safekeeping and made the images out of these archives. The timestamps should be accurate.

This and my other recent uploads have both English and Hebrew interfaces.
    There shouldn't be an issue testing them.
    I thought I'd contribute some versions that are seemingly impossible to get nowadays. Looks like it's more of a strain to you than a benefit. Sorry.
  • Well, I've grabbed a copy of what you posted and will take a look at it whenever I get time, which may be a while.

If you still own the originals, I would strongly recommend re-dumping them and getting label scans. (For non copy protected disks, we recommend WinImage, just be sure to write protect the disks)