[Offer] Fuji Xerox Information Systems GlobalView for Windows 2.3 [Japanese]

edited September 2021 in Offers & Requests
Yep, a new version of Xerox GlobalView has surfaced. But this time, it's from Fuji Xerox, and it's in Japanese.
Well, GVWIN 2.1 isn't the latest version of GlobalView to be released, someone should fix that. Even the website in archive.org states that there was a 2.2 coming out in July 1, 1997. But no mention of any further release was available, not until I found this laying somewhere: Fuji Xerox's Japanese version of GlobalView for Windows, version 2.3.

Media Format: Directory (couldn't take a dump of the whole CD as the only thing I could find was a folder containing the files on the CD, sorry!)

Not much information is available for this version, not even a single trace I could find online, however it seems to be legit, and the great thing about this version is that it doesn't utilize VXD's / 386's anymore, which means that you can run it under NT with NTVDM! It's even officially supported. It works great with Windows XP x32 under NTVDM, however I managed to get it to work even under Windows 10 x64 with OTVDM (WineVDM, and just make sure OTVDM is installed and set as the default VDM otherwise it won't work), however rather slowly. However, it is in Japanese, so it's hard to understand properly (unless, well, you know Japanese). As far as I'm aware, the English version for this *should* exist (emphasis on "should"), however hasn't surfaced yet.

To install, run SETUP.EXE in the MEDIA folder with Windows 9x, NTVDM on Windows XP, or even OTVDM / WINEVDM on Windows x64. Note that if you don't install Eastern Language support, set the non-Unicode application language to Japanese and restart on XP, all the text will look corrupted as this software was built against Shift-JIS, not Unicode. Choose DOS/V as the installation target (NOT PC/98!), and enter any name and company.

For the serial key, enter (without quotes): "710000". If at any point the installer confuses you, just pull out Google Translate's camera, and it should provide you with the shittiest instant translations in the world. And also, make sure you de-select IME and CUSP when the installer comes up with a prompt of tickboxes. IME is only for Japanese Windows, and CUSP breaks the installer as it complains that the installer medium was not found (which, I think is a bug with the installer).

Enjoy this previously never seen piece of amazing historical software in its full Japanese glory!

Download link:
https://mega.nz/file/E3JGUB5b#XMVTIEv37qI2HA5Ba51E6kgn0wmPW2zLM3VkSHKI0xc