NT4 workstation with sp4+

Comments

• Create 2 4 gig FAT12 partitions, convert them to NTFS, and combine them together using partition magic. That's how I would do it.

Not FAT12, but FAT 16.
  • Or create one <4Gb FAT16 partition, install NT, and resize the partition using partmagic.
  • hrm... are these ideas that work? If so then I guess I'll try this approach. Can partition magic use a cd-rom instead of floppies?
  • yes. copy files from diskette1 and diskette2 to CD, and no problems!
  • ok...it seems that they are now being made by symantec. What version do you suggest? Would Pro be pointless and filled with unneeded stuff?
  • Symantec? Really? I think they're still being made by PowerQuest...
    Pro version doesn't have unneded enhancements, it just supports twice more filesystems... I think non-Pro version will be enough.
  • Slash wrote:
    Create 2 4 gig FAT12 partitions, convert them to NTFS, and combine them together using partition magic. That's how I would do it.

Not FAT12, but FAT 16.

That's what I meant to say, but I was thinking of something else.
  • Slash wrote:
    Or create one <4Gb FAT16 partition, install NT, and resize the partition using partmagic.

Good idea.
  • Damn I see... Symantec PartitionMagic...
  • Slash wrote:
    Damn I see... Symantec PartitionMagic...

I liked it better when it was by powerquest, i hate norton products.
  • Slash wrote:
    Damn I see... Symantec PartitionMagic...

I have version 8 made by PowerQuest.
  • I am using PMagic Pro 8.01. I don't think Symantec will make it better. It will be like with VirtualPC. Microsoft made it worse than Connectix.
  • haha, I think I tried Connectix's VPC before, and it looks the same to me... So...anyone going to tell me who to get partition magic? Can one of you set up a way for me to download it from you? Or is there some trial from them I can just get a serial for?
  • I can throw the boot disks on my server for you. Not the full program but just the dos boot disks.

Want em?
  • That's a great idea! wingzeroismine needs dos version, and it's not large...
  • Slash wrote:
    That's a great idea! wingzeroismine needs dos version, and it's not large...

Ill stick them on my server for all who wants them.
  • alright, now what's the link for your server?
  • I can ingore the fact that some of the files repeat between floppies right?
  • I can ingore the fact that some of the files repeat between floppies right?

yeah, put the files in pq1.rar onto 1 disk, and put the files in pq2.rar into another disk, stick disk1 in and boot, it will then ask u for disk 2 and wolah your in pm.
  • If you got the NT4 SP CD-ROM, you can take the i386 folder off the SP CD and put it on your NT4 install CD-ROM and replace all the old files.

It only works on the SP CD_ROM, the download SP dont let your slipstream
  • Topher, I meant making a cd with both floppies. I want to make a cd by tossing their files on it. IBM, do you have any idea where to get an NT 4 service pack cd uh..image?

OK...I copied all the files to a cd, and it doesn't boot in VPC.
  • Nope, You can probly order the SP6 CD from MS maby.
  • order the cd...
  • Im not sure.

I bet you still can order it.

Its probly going to be free with like $2 shipping just like the MS evaluation and other SP CD-ROMs
  • Im not ordering it.....lol
  • Ive got an SP4 cd for nt4, want it?
  • The files on sp4 are not compressed like the orignal windows nt cd, still want it?