OFFER - Just About Everything - VetusWare, Apple Software, DOS Software, Tandy & Much More>>>>

Found this FTP awhile back has ALOT...

Including what looks to be ALL soft on VetusWare stored as of 2015...I downloaded the 'Utilities' just to check...Looks Like it alright...BIG Downloads-

ftp://69.43.38.172/mirrors/VetusWare/

There's a TON of DOS-

ftp://69.43.38.172/mirrors/DOS Software/

Apple II Software-

ftp://69.43.38.172/mirrors/Apple ][ Software/

Tandy Radio Shack Soft-

ftp://69.43.38.172/mirrors/Tandy Radio Shack Software/

And a whole lot more just go 'up' to parent look around...

Here's a TRIP Radio Shack Commercial from 1983 the TRS80-12 at $3,199.00 (starting!!) Man I was 22 years old then...

ftp://69.43.38.172/mirrors/model2archive/Media/Commercials/Model_12_TV_Commercial_1983.mp4

It's FTP so if you want anything get it NOW...FTPs are here today gone tomorrow...

Comments

• FTP sites are still a cheap thrill. No longer the 0-day buffet as in times past - but yeah, can still be hella fun.
  • edited May 2023
    That is the major.butt.care archive. I saw that ages ago. Problem is there is a lot of shareware and bad dump's that don't fit in the archives here, but if anyone sees anything specific that should be be added, please mention it.
  • Theres not much of anything unique at the vetusware site. They dont do any vetting, and some titles came from Winworld or beta archive.

The other FTP sites dont have an interest in personally.

On related note: the entire shareware collection from Metropoli BBS was uploaded.
    https://archive.org/details/metropoli-bbs

Not as grand as the totally lost archived from Oakland University, but still wow.
  • Just BTW, I don't mind at all if stuff from Winworld winds up on Vetusware. In fact, I encourage spreading archives to as many sites as will take them for the sake of preservation. I throw them a few bones myself.

It is great to see shareware get some attention. While that's not Winworld's focus, there was lots of shareware out there that was damn useful but can't be found now. Especially things from the Windows 9x era since there was so much.

I recently archived some 360k floppies with an early shareware Fourth implementation. The only copy I could find already online, on Vetusware, had been totally corrupted and nobody had ever noticed.
  • yup. I just checked: I've got 124 uploads at Vetusware myself.
    It's changed over the years - especially since I'm no longer involved in Usenet and we rocked the scene. but nowadays, everything worthwhile I first upload to archive.org, stuff salvaged and not from original media i may also put up at Vetusware, and occasionally, I have something that "I" think merits being at WinWorld and I'll post a link..

But I still mourn the loss of Oakland University's archives (in my hometown) where obscure drivers and updates and documents etc, lived for so long.

And I admire the guys here doing the wrenching with flux machines to get good copies of softs. I do not miss the days of farting around with protected floppies, weird image formats used by others, etc.