software won't install

I have a old HP-Compaq NX9420. I upgraded it with a ssd hard drive and the memory to 4gb. After restoring it with the restore cd's. I tried to install these games Bejeweled 2&3, zuma and peggle. They start to install and then i get "install is aborted! the game can't be install". Other games like simcity installed just fine and other games intalled just fine. It's just pop cap games that are not installing. They installed just fine when i had the old hard drive in it. I tried different things. Like taking memory out and trying a external dvd rom and i even ran my Avast Free Antivirus to see if it was a virus and it gave me a clean scan. i get the same thing. I use this old thing for old game. All i can think of the hard drive it to fast or pop cap games don't like ssd hard drive. so i hope someone out there had a idea why t won't be installing. Thank you for the help.

Comments

• By some bit of research, it could be that 3D hardware acceleration is not enabled (or not available), or that you may need to install DirectX 9.0c > https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109.

I have to ask though... what OS does the old system have? And also its graphics driver and screen resolution?
  • it has windows xp. But i found out it was my antivirus stopping the install. I have to turn off the antivirus and install the games.