Floppy Workspace #1 - 21 Windows Programs in a 720kb Floppy Image

Hello everyone,

I've always been a fan of small freeware programs and of floppy disks and I've been playing around to see how many small yet functional Windows GUI programs can fit on 1 floppy disk, while still being moderately useful.

I've created 3 floppy disk images out of curiosity with various small Windows programs (2K-XP and up).

Some motivation for this came from finding aazard's Github page, as he's done some nice work creating a version of floppy office.

Like aazard and Xtort, I wanted to create floppy images that had simple yet functional GUI tools that as far as possible have no dependency on programs installed on the Windows host machine (apart from the OS).

So far I've created:
* A 720kb floppy workspace . . . . . . . with 21 Windows programs
* A 1.44mb floppy workspace . . . . . . with 33 Windows programs
* A 1.68mb DMF floppy office . . . . . . with 22 Windows office programs (my take of the Xtort floppy office)

Each floppy includes some core programs I think are essential:
* Web Browser(s)
* File Manager (dual pane)
* File Archiver (zip/unzip)
* Notepad (RTF, tabbed)
* Spreadsheet
* Image Viewer or Editor
* PDF Producer or Reader
* File / Folder Sync
* File Delete / Undelete

And some other programs that I think are nice to have:
* Menu program
* File Encryption
* Media player(s)
* Various System Utilities
* And some other bibs and bobs

This post is for my 720kb floppy workspace which has 21 small Windows GUI programs in a 720kb DD 3.5" floppy image.

The 21 programs in the floppy image are:

All the documentation and download files are on my small Synology website here:
https://multiboot-windows.dscloud.me/small-windows-programs-site/

I've attached a couple of images below of some of the programs and the rest are on my website.

These programs are mainly for Windows XP (although some work fine with W2K - W10).

(I know the KaKeeware browser is a bit of a fudge as it uses the host IE's ActiveX, but I can live with that.)

Made out of curiosity to see how many moderately useful programs can fit in a 720kb floppy.

Best regards,
shotter_nail

---------------------------------------------------------------------------