retro-computing.com DOS, Windows 3.x Software Archives Fully Populated!

A while ago I introduced retro-computing.com, a new software repository and blog covering the full gamut of retro-computing, from the 6502 to Pentium IV (from Apple GS/OS to Microsoft Windows ME, and everything in between).

At the time of launch, retro-computing.com was just getting started and had limited content. At this point however, many of the PC-related software archives are fully populated and available for your download usage. The archives are:
- MS-DOS: PC titles that run under MS-DOS, IBM PC-DOS and FreeDOS
- Windows 3.0/286: PC titles specific to Windows 3.0 on a 286 (Real and Standard mode only - no 386 Enhanced mode)
- Windows 3.1: PC titles specific to Windows 3.1 and WFWG 3.11, all Enhanced mode programs

Pictured below is screen shot of the start of the Windows 3.1 archive.

Still to come are repositories dedicated to Win 9x titles, another set dedicated to Win NT (3.5x and 4.0) and finally, a relatively sparse archive focused on Windows ME. I will check in again here as those repositories are also populated.

Also, there are multiple PC-related blog posts at this time as well, all at retro-computing.com.

For those of you who may also enjoy the Macintosh side of retro-computing as well, you will also find multiple Macintosh-related repositories fully populated and available for download:
- Macintosh System 6: 68K titles that are known to run successfully under System 6
- Mac OS 68K: System 7 through Mac OS 8.1 software titles that are 68K compatible
- Mac OS PPC: System 7.1 through Mac OS 9.x software titles that are PPC compatible

Still to come in this area are repositories dedicated to Mac OS 9.x titles and another dedicated to Apple IIGS titles.

Happy Retro-Computing!