[offer] Learning MS Word 2.0 for DOS (SCP, IMG) [5.25]

Here is Learning MS Word 2.0 for DOS

It also contains Mouse driver v5.0.

Floppy images in SCP and IMG format. Not sure if they are untouched.

https://mega.nz/file/KLg1xbIZ#W5D2VmjohlyQMXTZbvo1vk3BxHI59L6gEfhi_OBpWYg

Comments

• Thanks very much.

Disk 2 of MS Mouse 5.00 for DOS is modified (writted) by test.pcx.

Here is fixed or restored disk 2 same with untouched one.
  • Thanks very much for the restoration work 😊
  • @callmejack Thanks for this rare release.
  • Was this actually a separate product from Microsoft Word 2.0 for DOS?
  • @SomeGuy, personally I don’t know, I had those disks with a lot of floppies.
  • @callmejack Do you have Microsoft Chart 2.00 For DOS in those lot of floppy disks you have.

• Ok, so it would have been included with Word 2.0. If it were also a mouse bundle then it would have had the mouse disks too.

It seems like the only Word 2.0 copies floating around are incomplete sets. I don't believe I have ever seen a complete one on eBay, not that 2.0 for DOS was all that common when it was new.
  • edited January 23
    @johnlennon364 I have chart 2.02 for Dos (already posted), but not 2.00

• Was thinking about re-packaging Word 2.0 to include all of the parts that have turned up. But looking at my image archive I notice there was both a mouse (what is here) and keyboard version of Learning Microsoft Word 2.00.

I'm guessing the keyboard version would have come with the non-bundled Word.

Also, the guy in that ad above totally looks like Babylon 5's "Mr Mordon". :P
  • Uncanny.........

• It would be totally hilarious if that actually were actor Ed Wasser, the actor who played Mr. Mordon. According to IMDB early on he "Produced corporate videos, in-house training videos and business-to-business communications."

Anyway, it does seem Word 2 for DOS was rather uncommon. I don't recall ever seeing a Microsoft Word 2.00 product box on eBay before, and looking through my image database all I see are a few floppy disk photos. It doesn't help that web searching mostly turns up results for Word 2.0 for Windows. Of the photos I have, I also don't see this particular image re-used on any other Microsoft products of that era.

Box scans, as always, are an important part of any archive. They often contain information that is not found elsewhere.

For reference, that ad is from PC Magazine on Google Books https://books.google.com/books?id=DDlmJxSURq8C&pg=PA171
  • "Box scans, as always, are an important part of any archive. They often contain information that is not found elsewhere.

For reference, that ad is from PC Magazine on Google Books".

Yes. to both.

As for Word - the actual product - (shrugs).
    I cut my teeth on WordStar, later WordPerfect, and after, Word 2K.
    Nowadays, I'm perfectly happy with Atlantis, a paid for app that's maybe 6mb installed.

In-between, I fell into cahoots with a couple of college kids in Ann Arbor, and loaned them some bucks to publish a word processor. They later sold the brand to Symantec/Norton. It was called "Textra".