OFFER!!!... Space Toad 2.1.1 Win32 MIDI Sequencer with VSTi-VST Support>>>

Here's one that flew under the radar... Space Toad>>>

Heavy MIDI-Oriented Sequencer that can also use VSTi-VST (But picky)>>>

NO, Not a Tracker but a Piano Roller has some cool features, nice layout & not too hard to understand... This is version 2.1.1, I do have a 3.0.1 but it is not as stable so I concentrate on the 2.1.1 stable version-

Feature Set-

You can download it from the wayback machine here-

https://web.archive.org/web/20130328015601/spacetoads.com/

Never lick a Space Toad BTW, could be fatal>>>

You can combine your VSTs with GM MIDI here I use with Yamaha XG Synth sound almost as good as many VSTi-

Many controls as well as GUI-less VSTs come in racks of rectangles that are actually Knobless Knobs-

How to prevent Strange MIDI Errors-

You can record notes and controller info in realtime or draw in as curves from MIDI Keyboard-

Space Toad has no WAV Render so very first thing I tested was whether Voxengo Recorder would work which works great-

Quite Cool Groove Quantize Dialog... Far more than just 'Humanization'>>>

Testing out Romplers & Samplers... E-Mu ProteusVX did NOT work at all>>>

However Muon DS-404 worked GREAT & Instrument is saved in Song File which DS-404 tries to get host to do but many do not do it>>>

Here's the link again for Muon DS-404 which is not an easy find nowadays-

https://web.archive.org/web/20160703102632/downloaddrum.com/assets/files/drum%20vst%20round%202/DS-404/ds404.zip

So far passing is Muon DS-404/ ReFX Vanguard/ ReFX Slayer2/ FabFilter One/ Big Tick Rainbow

One must record a few bars, save song, close, reopen ST then reopen song... If good then good>>>

OK, Made a GIF to get Peeps up to speed using VSTi-VST in Space Toad>>>

Upper right of each image is where you are at there's 13 in all>>>

OK in testing Wizoo Xphraze in SVArTracker I figured I'd give Space Toad a try... Looks good just like SVAr it saves positions in song file just like SVAr even if you have not saved patch in Xphraze>>>

Really only difference is that Space Toad is not quite as robust to handle such a synth... Heavy Pad patches tend to stop transport with error that 'too much is going on' but I say probably 90% of all patches are safe... If you get error then switch to a different patch>>>

Great synth if you can find, best for sequencing, arping & gating>>>

Being Space Toad has 4 MIDI out Ports plus the Audio Port for using VSTi-VSTs this allows for a cluster of different sounds to come together... Here I have Space Toad piped into one of my favorite trackers, AXS with AXS being a sound generator for Space Toad... This is done on just one Port (A) leaving 3 left, not only that but since AXS is Multi-Timbral the channels 1-7 on Port (A) result in being able to use up to 7 different instances...

Of course had to use a virtual MIDI Port I use MIDI Matrix which used to be commercial but now free-

ntonyx.com/14_mm_01.html

Note there is SERIAL info you need to copy & save on that page>>>

OK, so that leaves 3 MIDI Ports which can go anywhere hopefully not to MS Synth, I use Yamaha XG & with the MIDI FX available to use within Space Toad it sounds REAL good. Plus there's 16 slots available for VSTi with up to 3 inserts each & a bunch of sends...