Shared printer in Linux via Samba

edited April 2005 in Software
Ok i got my lj4 hooked up to the server, and want to share it around the house. i can read the printer from my network places but i have to login for it and when i login it dont work. i use webmin, anyone wanna help me set it up?

Comments

• I can try and help...

-Q
  • Toph(er)? Sure.

Ok, so your Printer is a LJ4 - What company is that made by?......it's not important but Just out of interest :).

Well, firstly, Are you using CUPS or LPR? Because I only really know the way to do it with CUPS. If your using LPR then you'll have to ask somebody else.

Secondly, You do have Samba installed, right? What version? Anything above 2.2 will be fine.

Thirdly, Can you print locally from the Linux Box? Like from a text editor, say Kate or Gedit?

If all of this is sucessful, then all you gotta do is setup Samba.....just continue posting and I'll be glad to help :).
  • Why did you post in this topic? TOph left a long time ago now, and this topic hasn't seen any activity since September last year.

Think. Post.
  • Sorry. I didn't know that he left. :?
  • its not that he left, you couldn't have known but you should have looked at the date this was posted.