OFFER!!!... Propellerhead Reason 2.5 Win32 (2003) Complete Now Up On Archive.org>>>

Wow, That took all morning>>>

In response to the garbage-heap Reason I tried from archive.org recently I decided to upload my 'official' Reason 2.5. Never use the 'No-CD' crack version you won't be able to save songs nor patches of NN-XT, probably more>>>

The two ISOs of Sound Bank (Factory) & Orkester I made from install of this in old HP dv4000 a few days ago so work like they should, Installer RAR has a buncha stuff you don't see in other uploads on there-

-Installer & Number Hash (Serial)
-Reason 2.5 Docs
-Ebooks Old Commercial PDF-EPUB covering 2 & 2.5
-Plenty Old Articles often with Files
-Some Extra 2.5 Song Files I Tested Out Recently
-A collection of over 10,000 patches mostly for Malstrom & Subtractor, The largest collection ever seen on the net. These are 'loose' I unpacked from many refills past week... Multi-Lifetime Supply.. Since these do not benefit much from refill compression (less than 10 MB total) best to have 'loose'...
-Refill Packer for 2.5
-ReLoad 1.0 with serial for converting AKAI Images to NN-XT
-SkReasonExport - Utility for mass (batch) rendering of Songs
-SkReasonPlay - Utility for mass (Batch) playing of Songs
-ReCycle 2.2.3 Portable - For turning your drum or pitched loops into REX files
-Steinberg ReCycle 1.71 - Like above but older
-Original Reason 2.5 Screensaver (Yup Propellerhead Production)

If you factor in the size of the Orkester & Factory Sound Bank Refills which MUST be in place & the large number of patches which equates to less than 10 MB this is the smallest Reason 2.5 will ever get...

System requires are same as for version 1 - 64MB RAM, Windows 98 or above & I don't remember CPU speed maybe 400 MHZ... You can run it on that but not be able to do too much...

Now if you don't have an external MIDI controller you would have to 'Paint' in notes on piano roll or audition directly on the piano rolls 'keys'. If you wish to use QWERTY then get freeware version VMC which installs a virtual MIDI port Reason can 'SEE' & hook to. Proper way is to have VMC open FIRST then open Reason-

https://www.soundcosoftware.com/vmcle.html

So you install Reason, then start it... It will immediately prompt to 'SEE' Orkester CD, Then 'Factory Sound Bank' CD... It will copy the RFLs to install directory... Will it 'SEE' it from a mounted ISO?... Don't know as since I have 4 copies of each burned to CD I have never had to try it... After that it will prompt for Number Hash...

I have some custom refills up on archive.org that all work in 2.5... There are others that have many of the old refills you will have to check yourself if they have patches for 2.5 devices, some of these old refills were complete junk, others pretty good...

https://archive.org/details/Orkester

Next I will be uploading the Radium Rebirth Edition & all extras which requires NO CD to run but works with Input Machine-

Comments

• thanks for the upload!
    Unfortunately it installed okay, but going to run it, it crashes.
    I tried removing apps and ASIO4ALL but didnt help.

I installed v5 from archive, it workes fine, just to finally check it out, but it's 3GB.... had a very quick play, I dont think it's for me... I need something special on the piano roll :hang_loose: which I didn't see.

I dont doubt it's a power house of VST and stability tho!
  • Sounds like you need to start reviewing VMs rather than software, they really suck! Seems like there would be a half-assed decent one somewhere. Goes to show that they are not compatible with many old soft even solid gold apps>>>
  • Perhaps you should be looking for OTHER than piano roll like Sugar Bytes Thesys or Consequence... Either can be standalone or VSTi & you can drag MID to desktop or DAW from them-

• edited March 9
    hahaha, I use linux but I have my gamedev stuff in windows VMs.
    My first one was winXP, that was great for old software but I couldnt run new software, like emulators which I need, thus win10 now.
    It's great because you set it up and make it better incrementally, while tinkering away on clones testing out software and then delete them etc.

And the piano roll, I like to have easy chords, making waves has a basic one, but svar tracker's 1.3 was the most impressive I've seen so far! :heart:

Thanks for the suggestions of consequence and thesys from https://sugar-bytes.de
    I really didn't like! :anguished::rofl:
    My first impressions: Overly complicated, over priced and I didn't like the synth and demos.
    I'm guessing .mid file saving is rare on synths, so I'll try them out again another time, just to make sure.

But yes, that's what I'm after, something like that, chords on piano roll and midi out, a nice synth or vst support is nice to have also :blush:

If you know or come across anymore, please let me know, I'll test it out :bee:
  • Why not just use SVArTracker Then? It loads soundfont BANKS just fine & since every note has program change you can have any instrument on any track & any note at anytime...

You load your MID FIRST but do it as MIDI based not Plugin based (dialog will show) Then load in soundfont BANK in Anti-Wave... You don't gotta worry about 'Lernin' a Tracker' You might have to change out program numbers with others if you don't like what instrument is playing what... If the BANK doesn't sound right then switch it out for another there's a ton on archive-

IE-

https://archive.org/details/sc-55-roland-25-gm-soundfonts

That's one of many, then add FX to sweeten the shite Then render out to WAV... I think you can do that in 1.30 but I don't think you can save a song file... So you can also still play around with the chord doohickey...

Yeah, That's pretty awesome, and the asswipes over at renoise were dog-cussing the tracker years ago, Developer took it well, I would not have...

Going to see If I can get ahold of that guy... Would like to have FULL 1.30 I don't care what he wants for it>>>

Anyway took one of my MIDI tunes from ChordPulse & did what I said above in just minutes there was music Hans Zimmer would swoon over>>>

Didn't have to 'Track' a thing....
  • Nope>>> Looks Grim, All I can find on the Developer is this-

https://www.pond5.com/artist/svar

• Sorry I didn't mean to change the subject to svar.
    But the impressive chord feature was on 1.3, the last version and demo only, not the free version.
    Neither do do .mid saving :/

Anyway, I think I'm set with jammer and making waves, and sample generating apps/VST.... I know both are janky but I need to put it to the test :blush: