Windows 98 (Some wrong *info*)

So apparently windows 98 says that Virtualbox and vmware work faulty with windows 95 and may require some acceleration features off. I Know it can run still even without proper hardware emulators but this is the equivalent of LGR installing MS-DOS on a Modern Ryzen Processor. You should set it to say that "PCem or 86box is recommended to emulate Windows 98". There, no performance or compatibility issues.

Comments

• The problem is we have people coming to this site all the time and they complain when things are not a simple "click-click-click" install. There absolutely are compatibility issues. Without patches they can crash when the CPU is too fast, and there are no guest video drivers.

If you know what you are doing, yes, you can shoehorn it in there. But most people don't know what they are doing.
  • When it came to Win98 being an ugly buggy mess under VirtualBox, the only solution to make it "work" better was Scitech Display Doctor. As far as I know, VirtualBox was never optimised for Win98 and earlier, as far as I know anyway...