Looking for a small Windows Works WDB with independently known values

Hi everyone,

I'm building a small local Windows tool to extract main-table values from a limited subset of Microsoft Works database layouts. I'm looking for one person with a small, non-sensitive Windows Works .WDB and something independent to compare the extracted values against: a CSV export, a healthy backup, a few known records, or screenshots from the original application.

A file you have trouble opening would be useful. If you already have Works running, a tiny test database with known text, numbers and dates would also help us check the interpretation independently.

Each input must be 1 MiB or smaller. Please use files you own and are permitted to share; leave out customer, payroll, medical and other confidential records. The first reply can just describe the Works version, file size and what values you can verify. Please don't attach a private database.

The tool reads the supplied file without changing it, keeps an exact copy, and exports supported values to an Excel workbook with a record of what it understood or could not interpret. It handles a narrow set of Windows Works main tables; reports, saved filters and layouts are omitted, and unsupported structures may be refused.

So far, I've checked synthetic/public examples and the portable Windows build on my own machine. I haven't verified a recovery for a real file owner yet. I'm happy to report an unsupported case honestly rather than guess its contents.

Thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.