winSysInfo not workin in 2k

BODBOD
edited October 2004 in Software
since reinstalling windows on my server winSysInfo has stopped reporting my uptime wrong, each time i go to it it says 0 days 0 hours 0 mins etc....

im using apache 1.3.3.1 with php 4.3.8

any ideas?

Comments

• This is odd....works for me....

Check your PHP scripts
  • ok i dont have a clue about PHP.....

maby if i download it again?
  • I doubt it, seems like some bug...
  • welll it worked in NT and 2k before, maby when i backed it up i messed it up somehow
  • // Uptime
    	$uptimeStamp = filemtime($swapFile);
    	$uptime = time() - $uptimeStamp;
    	$days = floor($uptime / (24*3600));
    	$uptime = $uptime - ($days * (24*3600));
    	$hours = floor($uptime / (3600));
    	$uptime = $uptime - ($hours * (3600));
    	$minutes = floor($uptime /(60));
    	$uptime = $uptime - ($minutes * 60);
    	$seconds = $uptime;
    	$theuptime = $days." days, ".$hours." hours, ".$minutes." minutes and ".$seconds." seconds";
    	$template->replace("<!--SERVER_INFO_UPTIME-->", $theuptime);

• so i redownloaded it and its done the same thing but the uptime has gone up to 3 mins, but according to sigx its about 2 days.....
  • Well...It works somewhat
  • its as if it only starts to count the first time its accessed.....

i also looked on sourceforge page for it and theres another case of the uptime being wrong but they ahvnt replied yet
  • Mines right, I didnt setup Winsysinfo until like 3 days becuase I was too lazy to set it up.
  • oh well ill just leave it until i get the
  • I'd just leave it as it is, if you can, put index.php in your startup so its being accessed as it boots.
  • or i could just remember to access it when i reboot, fortunatly im not plannin to do that much
  • You say that now...

..but when the power goes out I'll hear you screaming from here.
  • You could double click the swapfile on startup, if that's what it is.

And the UK doesn't have our poor-afs power grid.

-Q
  • WinSysInfo checks the modification time of your swap file, and then calculates the uptime from that.

Read the documentation and configure it accordingly. You need to tell it where your swap file is.
  • Seems like another WinBug... Well, look, maybe you got Server service disabled...>?
  • Q wrote:
    And the UK doesn't have our poor-afs power grid.

the power never goes out

and its still got it wrong...... so ill just have to acess the page after reboots
  • Slash wrote:
    Seems like another WinBug... Well, look, maybe you got Server service disabled...>?

How could it be a Windows bug? What, it's not updating modification time? LOL

He most likely hasn't read the documentation and completely forgotten to configure the swap file location.
  • LOL That's what I was going to say, but one thing you will learn while here.

You can NOT convice Slash that XP MS actually made good OSs
  • LOL That's what I was going to say, but one thing you will learn while here.

You can NOT convice Slash that XP MS actually made good OSs

I'll bet he thinks Linux is a good "OS" then. Linux is garbage. It's slow, it's unreliable, and it's much too hyped up.

... And it has a LONG way to go before Uncle Bob and Mary-Jane can use it in their everyday lives.

PS: Linux isn't an OS. It's a kernel. :) The collection of ugly GNU utilities are what make up the rest of the "OS".
  • Hey, your right! Slash does like Linux.
  • Hey, your right! Slash does like Linux.

I feel sorry for him, then. I don't see why anyone would choose to make their lives suck when they have the option of using something better.
  • Yea, like Win 2000.

I don't know if Linux is really worth wasting time on when you have things like 2k...
  • It performs satisfactorally for my pruposes/WinWDCS.

-Q
  • Linux is not worth the waste the time and effort
  • Q wrote:
    It performs satisfactorally for my pruposes/WinWDCS.

-Q

I guess... all I know is it's not for laptop... because I wasted way tooo much time trying to get RH9 on my laptop.
  • You just had the wrong drivers. I'm not going to speak about the whole idea of Linux.
  • Q wrote:
    It performs satisfactorally for my pruposes/WinWDCS.

-Q

I have no doubts there. I do, however, have a friend who was a hardcore Linux zealot, used only Linux, etc. Then he put XP on his computer, and he was amazed how much faster it felt and how much faster it ran than GNOME.

:P
  • Well at first I spent a while with the display getting it to work... then I let it bend over the vid card and "probe it" and it seemed to work.

But then I couldn't get Ethernet drivers or Wireless drivers... so.. yea.

Linux is a good idea, but there's some problems, too.
  • Tom wrote:
    He most likely hasn't read the documentation and completely forgotten to configure the swap file location

i dont think so:
    // Path to the swapfile (most cases: c:/pagefile.sys)
    $swapFile			= "c:/pagefile.sys";