Holy wars on slashdot

edited October 2004 in Software
How can I get modded down for saying Emacs sucks on slashdot? Serously, some people need to lighten up.

Comments

• Trolling cause all you've said is Emacs sucks, without actually contributing to the topic. And the only reason you give why it sucks is your opinion on it: bloated, suckage, bloated, whatever. I'd mod you down for trolling as well, really LOL
  • Explain wtf is slashdot. And how is it connected to X?
  • Slashdot = the geek's news source. And this thread goes in the X category because Emacs is a Unix proggy LOL
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Emacs really is not a great program. Seriously, Notepad is even better, maybe even DOS EDIT is better LOL
  • If you look 3 levels up, you'll see about doing things differently, and the reply was about stopping Emacs from ever being created, and another reply about Emacs not sucking, and then my rebuttal about Emacs DOES suck.

Actually, I go for vi, but to each his own really small and simple text editor...
  • VI kicks emacs ass. its not a huge ass download for me and it doesnt crash as much.
  • I usually don't notice much difference between VIM and VI. Theyre ~ the same!
  • I usually use "vim", but that's only because that was 1st X editor I found.

-Q
  • It means a text editor for a UNIX dervativeish (Best word I can come up with) system.

-Q
  • Tomchu wrote:
    No one refers to UNIX/Linux as "X". They refer to it as *nix. :P Like I said, X = www.xfree86.org

Apparently WinBoards does.
  • IYSS, I've use "X" for my duration and see no reason to stop.

-Q

PS. Did I say I used "vim"? I forgot? ;)
  • O well, I'm indiosynchronious[sic][narw].

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    if you say so, I've use "X" for my duration and see no reason to stop.

-Q

PS. Did I say I used "vim"? I forgot? ;)

The X stands for ____niX
  • So why you don't write *nix?
    It's more... kinda... understandable!
  • I don't know, I've always done.

Here, for you, how about "*X" ?

-Q
  • OK. But before WinBoards I've always wrote "*nix"
  • I know it's been done and I have no issues with it, but since you were remarking that it was confusing I decided to change "X" to "*X".

-Q
  • Alright then I'll stick to "X".

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    I know it's been done and I have no issues with it, but since you were remarking that it was confusing I decided to change "X" to "*X".

-Q
    It's better to do it.
  • Slash wrote:
    So why you don't write *nix?
    It's more... kinda... understandable!

You could just read the description under the board.