Find Product Key in CD

edited November 2004 in Software
Hello! I have the 2000 Pro CD-ROM ISO Image file--I made it before my cd got really scratched-- and i want to get a spare copy from Mikosoft, like all my other scratched games and crap. I need the PRODUCT NUMBER KEY USED IN MICROSOFTS SUPPORT CENTER, NOT THE CD KEY.I dont have this 2000 installed on any PC, so i cant go in to see the Product key under System or whatever. Is there like a way to find out by a file on the disk?

Thanks
---Nick

Comments

• Is this the key you see when you go into system properties?

If thats it you have to install the os.
  • edited November 2004
    Maybe I can install it in VMware tonight

Hell... That would work!
  • edited November 2004
    NTL1991 wrote:
    Yes. I cant like Sniff it out of the CD?

Nope. Id recommend installing the OS in a virtual machine and then find out the key.

EDIT can u really get a new copy from MS. I have legal winme, and its totally scratched, could i really get a new copy?
  • My Packard bell it was on fried somehow
  • is it worth it to get the cd and not have to extract it to the harddrive that i want to install it to then install 95 then upgrade. I dont feel like going out and getting CD-R's right now lol

Or Maybe I should do my science and language homework now instead. Nah...
  • NTL you can do MY science and language homework instead.

BTW were you born in 1991?
  • I'd be interested to hear about your sci homeworks, but Eng is probably something annoying.

-Q
  • I love Windows 2000, except Russian versions...
  • science fun lesson (y)
  • hey what's fun there?
  • Yes, I was born on August 28, 1991 in
    Providence, Rhode Island

I like science ALOT better than English
    I hate reading Fiction, I like Non-Fiction better

PS: The secrets out; hence NTL(1991)
  • And then I assume NTL are your initials?

Same here. Fiction I like, however if it's good it can be either and I'll read it.

-Q
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    Yes, I was born on August 28, 1991 in
    Providence, Rhode Island

I like science ALOT better than English
    I hate reading Fiction, I like Non-Fiction better

PS: The secrets out; hence NTL(1991)
    WoW! You're pretty young!!
  • he is 13 (I think) so, not that young...
  • Im not young! I know how to build PC's and geeky stuff like that, but I wanto be a pilot, so I plan to work in the Computer industry first, then when im older, become a pilot
  • I'm learning how to program java apps too
  • BAh java, learn either PHP or C++
  • Well then I'm not 'young' either. Physically I'm only 12 but, I can build PCs, diagnose and repair stuff and program some basic QBasic, I'm trying to learn C++ and other geeky stuff. I plan to stay in the computer industry/area however as I get older.

~Duff
  • Yes, You can get a copy of WinME if ur's is scratches, but in 2000's support they give you 2 Free Suports. In WinME and 98 you dont get any, and it's $35.00. If you go that way, they will just give you a link or phone number to the Microsoft Place where you can order copys of broken or not working media.
  • Ok help me out, my winme disc is in scratches, i dont get how and what i do.
  • Im 13 Until 6th December :P
  • I started learning english when i was 3.
    And started using a PC since 1995. I was 7 then.