CD-ROM in 5.25 Floppy's Place???

2»

Comments

• Excellent, NTL, you're right... 2k is perfect!
    Long live Windows 2000!
  • When XP just doesn't cut it, 2000! For older things, like maybe NAFTA (Haven't tried it on there) it is best.

-Q
  • NTL1991 wrote:
    Yeah... I updated the BIOS sucessfully though... it was at 1997 and now it's at 1999. I didn't come with any CD's though. The Requirements are that low??? I thought it was a solid 128 MB RAM... Would a 233 P2 MMX run at least OK on 2k Pro? I know it wouldn't be as fast as any computer today with 2000, but would I be able to do the normal WinWorld and maybe Photoshop and FrontPage and crap like that?

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooooo happy today because I took XP Pro off my machine and moved the super Windows 2000!! It's WAY faster than XP Pro could ever try to be! I tired to network my DeskPro and It didn't work and I found out that I had to add a User Name in my Other Compaq I just put 2K on, to let 98 talk to 2000. I will put 2K Pro on my DeskPro tonight and see how it works... Thanks!

-Nick
    Yes all hail 2k! And yes, 2000 will run at an acceptable speed on a 233 MMX, especially since it's a P2. Frontpage might run ok, dunno about photoshop.
  • Windows 2000 worked OK, not good, but quite possible on 486 with 128Mb of RAM...
  • Photoshop runs fine, like its on my 900 Mhz PC
  • I wonder is it Photoshop CS?